Turn on thread page Beta

EMA Bonus watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do we get out EMA bonus on the 29th January?
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    It depends on your school/college. They will have their own date for giving it out.

ReputationRep:
    BOOOO

ReputationRep:
    who knows my college is taking the piss this year there taking their bloody time.

ReputationRep:
    What the frick is the bonus even for?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    What the frick is the bonus even for?
    For getting the work done on time, having good attendance and behaving well.

ReputationRep:
    I checked my money this money and I thought I didn't get a bonus and then I realised that it still January and they are usually slow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illage2)
    What... so financially challenged people struggle with basic discipline?

ReputationRep:
    I'm sorry but every time someone mentions EMA the thread descends into utter madness, madness I tell you!...

If you want to know then ring the EMA people or Ask at college.

No, I'm not jealous because you get money for doing nothing, I'm just fed up of hearing about it, plus its my taxes that pay for your 'bonus' so stop winging...

Seriously though 'Bonus' - As if EMA wasn't already a load of misguided rubbish, now they are giving £100 bonus just to get people to sit in classes and arrive on time! Honestly... Do the poor struggle with basic capabilities? We might as well be giving these people 30 quid a week to sit at home watching telly, hey they could even claim Job Seekers allowance while there at it! - I will never understand why I never got EMA because my parents had decent jobs, yet the half the people on EMA's parents sit at home all day thinking of more extravagant benefits to claim.

oh, wait....Madness! :eek: :eek3: :eek:
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper

No, but some people may go to college just to get the EMA, so this weeds those people out.

ReputationRep:
    I can understand the £30 a week (some people actually do use it for its intended purpose, although many don't) but I really, really can't see the point of the bonus. What's it for? If £30 is enough for people to get into school daily why do they need an extra £100 every few months?

Oh dear, I just became one of those people on an EMA thread

ReputationRep:
    dont hate the player, hate the game

ReputationRep:
    I did all that, did I get a bonus or a reward.................. did I ****!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DOA)
    I did all that, did I get a bonus or a reward.................. did I ****!
    You should have, the teacher should have given it to you.

ReputationRep:
    Can you not do that without the money?

ReputationRep:
    I would have got better grades if I'd got £30 a week and hadn't had to get a job to pay my way through college
    My parents couldn't afford to give me £30 a week and I had to get a job to pay for transport and things like that
    I don't begrudge people who DO get EMA, I just think that there are a lot of other people who need it as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I would have got better grades if I'd got £30 a week and hadn't had to get a job to pay my way through college
    My parents couldn't afford to give me £30 a week and I had to get a job to pay for transport and things like that
    I don't begrudge people who DO get EMA, I just think that there are a lot of other people who need it as well.
    Same here, my mum and dad are trying to scrape together what money they can at the moment. Half of my EMA (excluding the bonus) is given to my parents to help them. It might not seem like much but at the end of the day it's a few extra quid they could use.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    No, but some people may go to college just to get the EMA, so this weeds those people out.
    Why doesn't everyone just get the bonus for getting good grades etc then?
    What a load of ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    In that case, why can't the council just give people bus passes, subsidise bus companies etc.
    Why just GIVE people £££ so they can go spend it on mcdonalds, fosters and weed?

ReputationRep:
    For those of you expecting a bonus from Student Finance Wales, their computer system crashed so the payments might be delayed for a while. How long that'll be I don't know. Their "Ask a Question" facility on their site is still down after 5 months, but the message still claims that it'll be fixed shortly.

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.