Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

EMA Bonus watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    In my college, you get the bonus even if you have **** attendance and punctuality lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    BOOOO

i get ema
    i dont need it. it pays my iphone bill and buys me clothes.
    you wouldnt be boooing if you got it. i think its a ******* stupid idea, taxing people to give it to kids to go to school that theyl go to anyway if they have any potential at all, but if others are getting it il be damned if im going to say "i dont need this, keep it"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by illage2)
    For getting the work done on time, having good attendance and behaving well.

i dont think i EVER handed a piece of work in on time since i joined my school in year 9......come to think of it, i think the same can be said from about year 5 onwards :s:

i still got my bonuses though :p:

**** you EMA haters - i get a massive means tested grant, a bigger student loan AND a bursary from my uni, for the same reasons i got EMA :p: :p: :p:

ReputationRep:
    also, my attendance is hovering at around the 90% mark... will i get this?

ReputationRep:
    it completely depends on your college/sixth form and when they process the bonus.

it normally comes after the january exams.

ReputationRep:
    Although there are people who spent ema and bonuses on crap. My friend hasn't spent a single of her bonuses since we begun college. She's been saving it all. That means she's got... 400 quid saved up that she said she's saving for uni. She also saves her ema I think it's 10 pounds a week.

She has good self-discipline, unlike me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DJ AgnieszkaA)
    i get ema
    i dont need it. it pays my iphone bill and buys me clothes.
    you wouldnt be boooing if you got it. i think its a ******* stupid idea, taxing people to give it to kids to go to school that theyl go to anyway if they have any potential at all, but if others are getting it il be damned if im going to say "i dont need this, keep it"
    i can't afford an iphone. **** you.

ReputationRep:
    I love EMA threads.

The bitterness. It excites me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanielNewton)
    I will never understand why I never got EMA because my parents had decent jobs, yet the half the people on EMA's parents sit at home all day thinking of more extravagant benefits to claim.

oh, wait....Madness! :eek: :eek3: :eek:

Because my parents are ill and so can't work full time.

EDIT
    I'm probably not going to get my EMA bonus! Don't even want it. Don't need it. If I get it I think I'll give half of it to charity

ReputationRep:
    Our school have told us that no one will receive their EMA Bonus until all January exams are finished, so i'm guessing next Friday (5th) at latest?

ReputationRep:
    What the frick is the bonus even for?

i thought u onlyt get bonuses for things like good work, staying on target and results? like for as results i got 100 pounds

waht makes u lot think u get it randomly on certain dates?

(Original post by Barden)
    i dont think i EVER handed a piece of work in on time since i joined my school in year 9......come to think of it, i think the same can be said from about year 5 onwards :s:

i still got my bonuses though :p:

**** you EMA haters - i get a massive means tested grant, a bigger student loan AND a bursary from my uni, for the same reasons i got EMA :p: :p: :p:
    yes, but you're poor so i'd quit your bragging about money.

ReputationRep:
    I get EMA and even I don't understand the point of the bonus :p: They're abolishing it after this year I believe.

If anyone doesn't need their EMA bonus (or weekly payments), PM me and I'll give you my bank details so you can set-up standing payments. I really could do with the extra money.. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhereIsMyMind)
    If anyone doesn't need their EMA bonus (or weekly payments), PM me and I'll give you my bank details so you can set-up standing payments. I really could do with the extra money.. :cry:

Sorry. I want to donate mine to help those in Haiti

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ice_Queen)
    No, but some people may go to college just to get the EMA, so this weeds those people out.
    doesn't weed anybody out.

the people who dont behave still get standard EMA.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmfgardner1)
    i thought u onlyt get bonuses for things like good work, staying on target and results? like for as results i got 100 pounds

waht makes u lot think u get it randomly on certain dates?
    what? :|
    100 quid?
    what an absolute disgrace.
    how do you people sleep at night?
    I don't care if you are poor, people managed before...

ReputationRep:
    100 quid?
    freak. how do u sleep at night being that rude? you have no idea what people's circumstances are and have no right saying something like that. get a life

if it gets to you that much why are you looking at this thread?

ReputationRep:
    100 quid?

i have a cd that plays calming sounds..

seriously though, if we're elidgeble for 'free money' then why shouldn't we get it. i use it to fill my car with petrol so i can get to and from school, use it for materials for school, use it for food.

And before anyone says about getting a job. I have one, my EMA goes into a seperate account which I only use for school stuff. I pay my phonebill from money that I earn.

ReputationRep:
    100 quid?

you're just jealous. not everyone has mummy and daddy buying them stuff all the time

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.