EMA Bonus watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ludwig Wittgenstein)
    what? :|
    100 quid?
    what an absolute disgrace.
    how do you people sleep at night?
    I don't care if you are poor, people managed before...
    Hmm. You sound rather bitter. If you were in the position to accept EMA, would you?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sexuali)
    i have a cd that plays calming sounds..

seriously though, if we're elidgeble for 'free money' then why shouldn't we get it. i use it to fill my car with petrol so i can get to and from school, use it for materials for school, use it for food.

And before anyone says about getting a job. I have one, my EMA goes into a seperate account which I only use for school stuff. I pay my phonebill from money that I earn.

i like you. haha, thank u for agreeing with me!

ReputationRep:
    i thought we are not getting it till feb.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PAA!)
    i thought we are not getting it till feb.

depends on your school. there is not set day for us to all get it.

its normally after january exams finish, around the 4th feb.

ReputationRep:
    my dumbass school gives them in the first week of february

I NEED NEW SHOES AND A JACKET DAMNIT

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hmfgardner1)
    you're just jealous. not everyone has mummy and daddy buying them stuff all the time
    No mate. I work till 11pm after waking up at 6am on a monday and friday to earn my keep. I do not ask my parents for spending money, I tend to buy my own lunch, my own school equipment. I don't tend to think to ask them for money, I see no reason to. I can afford to buy stuff myself from what I earn and it is my education I am funding, no one elses.

The idea of giving people free money is a ridiculous, uncontrolled, lazy, populist bit of economics - a simple vote gainer.
    If I were "eligable" for EMA I would put it to some good use - Haiti.

The fact of the matter is I am bitter. I work hard to maintain my own education and others are handed money on a plate and brag about how it pays for their iphones and their bonuses means they can have a big night in town at my parents' and other equally hardworking people's expense when you probably havn't worked half as hard as you should have done to deserve.

We are meant to be living in a meritocracy, not some wet lettuce regime to make everyone happy even if they can't be arsed to help themselves.

ReputationRep:
    No mate. I work till 11pm after waking up at 6am on a monday and friday to earn my keep. I do not ask my parents for spending money, I tend to buy my own lunch, my own school equipment. I don't tend to think to ask them for money, I see no reason to. I can afford to buy stuff myself from what I earn and it is my education I am funding, no one elses.

The idea of giving people free money is a ridiculous, uncontrolled, lazy, populist bit of economics - a simple vote gainer.

The fact of the matter is I am bitter. I work hard to maintain my own education and others are handed money on a plate and brag about how it pays for their iphones and their bonuses means they can have a big night in town at my parents' and other equally hardworking people's expense when you probably havn't worked half as hard as you should have done to deserve.

We are meant to be living in a meritocracy, not some wet lettuce regime to make everyone happy even if they can't be arsed to help themselves.

thats generalising and you dont know what people do and why. whats worse is people who get stuff bought and are really horrid people because of it- watch "my super sweet sixteen" its sick. and stop going on at poeple cos of EMA!

ReputationRep:

I get EMA. I don't have an iPhone. I don't go into town to have a good time. Anything else?

:clap2:

I must rep you again soon.. I couldn't have put it any better.

(Original post by Veem)
    You really couldn't have put it any better. What about those who work at school just because they want to achieve in life, shouldn't they to be given something in return?
    In case you've not realised, they are given something.. it's called an education? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    when you probably havn't worked half as hard as you should have done to deserve.

We are meant to be living in

we are not "meant" to be in anything.

PROBABLY HAVENT WORKED HALF AS HARD AS YOU SHOULD HAVE DONE TO DESREVE IT

how the hell can u come up with something like that? you dont know me, or anyone you are speculating about.. what about footballers, actors,, singers who earn milllions ??? do u write to them?

one of us people who get EMA may go on to be smoehting which contributes a great deal to society, even you, sadly.

ReputationRep:
    but ludwig van whatever, i shall take great enjoyment using your well earnt money. i may try to spend it on something especially pointless now just to spite you. hahahha

ReputationRep:
    I love ema threads,
    there's always a big *****fest going on.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Veem)
    You really couldn't have put it any better. What about those who work at school just because they want to achieve in life, shouldn't they to be given something in return?

*EDIT* I do realise I'm generalising here but it's what most of the people I know who get EMA do with there money.
    No, no one should be given money!
    Most people are subject to a fair education system and receive equal oppurtunities. You reap the rewards when you get it working, education is for your own benefit - why do people need bribe money?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Orichalon)
    yes, but you're poor so i'd quit your bragging about money.

hmmm actually that would be a good point if i were actually bragging, i'm actually just trying to wind you up

ReputationRep:
    but ludwig van whatever, i shall take great enjoyment using your well earnt money. i may try to spend it on something especially pointless now just to spite you. hahahha
    Well if you're going to be like that - Why don't you go buy some turtle wax so you do a good job of shining the bonnet of my Bentley.

(Original post by Colour Me Pretty)
    I love ema threads,
    there's always a big *****fest going on.
    In most cases however, the arguments presented have substance.

ReputationRep:
    I love these threads...

ReputationRep:
    I don't get my bonus because I was off school for 1 week really ill. I even attempted to go into school on the tuesday and they sent me home.

What a cheek, I need that money.

ReputationRep:
    you're just jealous. not everyone has mummy and daddy buying them stuff all the time
    Actually a lot of people get neither and have to work as well as study so yes we are jealous that you can sit on your arse because mummy and daddy decided to do **** all with their life. Brilliant way to encourage kids to work hard though by paying them to study and not have to get part time jobs.

Makes me sick.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.