Turn on thread page Beta

Getting negged for spelling error? watch

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if people are getting negged alot for seemingly innocent things. i spelt a word wrong yesterday in a quip and i got negged and the person said it was because of spelling and proceeded to call me a ******** whatever that means i havent got far enough in the language of asterixes to work the word out. Anyways just think its a bit harsh? Anyone agree/disagree/doesn't care?

ReputationRep:
    2 things -

life is too short to care about something like that

the person was clearly so e-angry at you, they couldn't compose themselves to argue back properly and thus resorted to being a bit pathetic

edit:

CLASSIC neg rep for this post: " For having the most nerdy looking band I have ever seen in my life. You're gonna go far, kid. "

edit 2: anonymous positive repster, give me your name and i'll rep you back!

ReputationRep:
    Although I do hate spelling mistakes, everyone makes them and that does seem a bit over the top.

ReputationRep:
    Don't care

I've been negged for no reason at all. I wasn't even being *****y at the time...sigh.

ReputationRep:
    It's because you beat them in whatever argument you were having.
    I wouldn't lose sleep over it.

ReputationRep:
    I once got negged because apparently I was being a "big boy" and the negger left his name on the post saying "thats how real people roll, i leave my name behind"

good for you?

ReputationRep:
    negging is really stupid it shouldn't be available imo

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NW86)
    I once got negged because apparently I was being a "big boy" and the negger left his name on the post saying "thats how real people roll, i leave my name behind"

good for you?
    Some people are retards.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by macattack_)
    Just wondering if people are getting negged alot for seemingly innocent things. i spelt a word wrong yesterday in a quip and i got negged and the person said it was because of spelling and proceeded to call me a ******** whatever that means i havent got far enough in the language of asterixes to work the word out. Anyways just think its a bit harsh? Anyone agree/disagree/doesn't care?
    Welcome to TSR :awesome:

I pos repped you, hope that helps.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by bobsleigh)
    negging is really stupid it shouldn't be available imo

Have a look at the new plans they have in store. Rep will never be a foolproof sytem that everyone is happy with.

ReputationRep:
    welcome to :tsr:

ReputationRep:
    People can neg you for silly things really, I've been negged for no reason many times, well never for a spelling error (but I'm not sure :ninja:).

OP, it's just TSR

i really hate the spelling police. im dyslexic and quite frankly i cant be arsed to check my spelling before i post. people who think they are above other people because their spelling is better than theirs are morons.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    apparently Profresh does that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The-Wi$e-One)
    apparently Profresh does that...
    So he negged you?

ReputationRep:
    Horrible spelling should be negged!

I would post a reason why, but I can't find my rant filled message on why I think so anymore.
    It got locked for trollin'...

ReputationRep:
    It shows indolence and a lack of care. Don't expect your words to be respected if you don't respect the words themselves.

ReputationRep:
    You don't need to do anything to get negged.

If you cure cancer and HIV and give £2,000,000 to every person here, you'll get at least one neg rep. Usually saying "gay" or "lol".

Often though, the dumb ones have no power, which says enough.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by Butterflyleg)
    So he negged you?
    nah, I remember seeing it in someone's sig. :p:

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.