too much work
    the teachers are douches
    what should i do????
    drop?or nott

HELPPP US IB KIDS

PLEASEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

ReputationRep:
    Don't give up on the IB.
    Talk with your IB supervisor about your concerns about your teachers.
    Form a self help/study group; the IB is reliant upon independent study skills.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SUEJACOBS)
    well im in my first year of IB
    IT SOOOOOOOO HARDD
    too much work
    the teachers are douches
    what should i do????
    drop?or nott

HELPPP US IB KIDS

PLEASEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!

Ohhhhh, I see your problem! You need the deku shield AND the kokiri sword before you can get past Mido! Dammit man, how can you expect to succeed in your quest without a sword??! :eek:

ReputationRep:
    First year, was hard, but it gets easier as you get into your second year, and by the second half of your second year it really is just revising. Trust me, you should start revising in february. Not heavily, but just look back at holder stuff that way when you come to April, it will be easier. Stick with it, the IB helps a lot at university. If your subjects are a prerequisite for a degree, or you do a degree similar to your subjects, then your first semester will cover a lot of what you did at IB - or at least it did for me.

ReputationRep:
    Ehh, I disagree with the above posts. I would say that if you really hate it that much, there's no point in carrying on because the workload is only going to increase, and you won't have the motivation. Maybe carry on for another month or so, and try and get some help, but if after that time you still hate it, just drop out. You will be much happier that way

ReputationRep:
    If you think IB is that difficult the first year, you will officially die the second year. IB2 is pure hell. :eek3:
    But on the bright side, it is def going to be worth it when I finally get to take the exams in May! I'm going to feel insanely accomplished. haha.
    Also, according to most people I know that graduated the IB last year say that they have just relaxed all throught their first year of uni- even the med students! Pretty impressive! :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Serious post this time. Gabriel is wrong, loonyplatypus is right, Neon_flamingo is right (if a bit dramatic).
    Under whose authority am I saying this? Mine, that's who.

PS: rep to whoever gets my reference in post #3.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, IB2 is much harder than IB1....especially if your school is a new school like the one I'm in. Be warned, at the very least.
    I completely agree with Neon_flamingo. She is wise.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iapetus)
    PS: rep to whoever gets my reference in post #3.
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. Rep please xd.

Thread starter: I suggest thinking as to whether the IB is the right course for you and if an alternative might suit you better. However, sometimes "pushing on" can be worthwile.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thingeh)
    Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of time. Rep please xd.

Thread starter: I suggest thinking as to whether the IB is the right course for you and if an alternative might suit you better. However, sometimes "pushing on" can be worthwile.
    Repped

ReputationRep:
    ur not alone, am in Ib1 too,and yeah, i fell the pressure alright but i agree with Thingeh that its sometime pushing on can pay off. btw, i would advice u start keeping a diary now and start noting every single thing that u have to do (doing IB, i kno u have a lot of stuff to do!) especially if u do extra curricular stuff as well! good luck!!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 20, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.