Turn on thread page Beta

What kind of stuff will you take with you to University? watch

ReputationRep:
    laptop...doubles up as my tv
    The o.c and one tree hill box sets

Basically everything I own, minus the bed....unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    Bring plenty of coin change with you.....especially those oh so precious £1 coins. You'll need them.

and you'll be needing a whole wreak of kitchen stuff.

...and a few days worth of food.

there there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Neon-)
    Bring plenty of coin change with you.....especially those oh so precious £1 coins. You'll need them.

and you'll be needing a whole wreak of kitchen stuff.

...and a few days worth of food.

there there.
    Unless your catered, The food is minging though and your sick of it by about this point, so I wouldn't reccomend it unless your forced into it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MDEH8176)
    Laptop, Xbox 360, HD TV, iPod, DS, Family Guy boxsets and a few good films.
    Then all the usual university stuff...

It's good to see that a lot of people are taking their Xboxs. I was in two minds about it.
    I'm in 2 minds about taking my PS3 , I want to take it but I know I'll spend alot of time on it and probably wont do much work lol.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Laptop, iPod & docking station, TV, DVDs/books, George Foreman and mini fridge.

Not forgetting pictures and photo albums of people back home to make my room feel a little more homely!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by un-jardin-sur-le-nil)
    only take things you really need, a cluttered room is sooo annoying and hard to tidy.

the most essential thing would be bank info, passport, important documents etc.

obv lots of clothes/underwear is good so you dont have to do washing all the time.
    lots of mugs too, is great if you're like me and leave them hanging around rather than washing up straight away.

wouldn't bring toooo many photos from home, looks a bit desperate and potential friends will think you're still yearning for home and not in the uni zone lol.

i brought:
    kitchen stuff
    clothes
    bathroom stuff
    desktop and macbook.
    straightners hair dryer.
    a weekend bag/suitcase for when you go home/visit friends at other unis
    a sleeping bag or spare duvet for friends visiting
    a laundry bag/basket
    extra blanket/fleece.
    alarm clock
    pen pots
    a radio for the kitchen

all you people saying mini fridges and fairy lights, they're usually not allowed.
    Only to some. I find that clutter is good otherwise the room looks too bare.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sir_Vile_Minds)
    Only to some. I find that clutter is good otherwise the room looks too bare.
    Same.

Is it weird that I've already pretty much planned what I'm gonna take, even though it's still, what 8-ish months away?

TV. PS3. For the BluRay movies. TV isn't big, but it's HD and that's all I need.

Laptop. 1.5TB external hard drive. Laptop is almost full of music, external is half full of tv and movies (cry more, beats paying for it) so that should keep me entertained whenever I'm alone. Guess it could help with friends too, there's a good variety.

Clothes. For the wearing.

DVD Boxsets. 24, Rescue Me, The Wire, Lost. I'm sorted.

Books. Not that many, just a few that I couldn't live without (i.e. Shogun)

Crate of beers. For the drinking.

£1-200 spare money. To tide me by while I wait desperately for my loan to come through.

Other than that there's not really much else.

ReputationRep:
    Art supplies and Guinness.

ReputationRep:
    The best things I brought with me were my slippers and my enormous dressing gown. Brilliant for those early morning fire alarm moments.
    And this is boring, but folders! Lots of folders! I needed more than I'd brought with me.

Most unis hold a poster sale somewhere on campus pretty early on, so save space for that!

ReputationRep:
    Will be taking ALOT!!!!! laptop, ipod, tat, lots of tat and a bit more tat!!!

ReputationRep:
    iphone,ipod,laptop,my pink TV,DVDs £200 while i wait for my loan to come through,clothes,books

ReputationRep:
    alcohol, alcohol, some clothes, more alcohol, instrument, ipod (if i can find the *******), laptop and some money to buy food and anything i've forgotten or need

i wouldnt of thought so many people would be taking tv's

Poll
Is the Big Bang theory correct?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.