The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Toxic Tears
punkyrocker
microfatcat

Thanks guys for all your help, I've decided to firm Bristol.

Oh, I asked about the foreign student count is because I'm currently in an international college and there's no integration whatsoever here, people tend to clump into their own regions, or based on language (Russian or Chinese mainly, but you get tons of other nationalities too). But that's not saying we're not friends with each other, it's just I'd rather English not be an issue anymore. People tend to talk in the language they're most comfortable in, and if your English isn't that great it's just too much of an effort when you can express yourself better to someone who speaks the same language as you.

And before you say anything, I'm an expat kid and I've been in international schools since I was 12 and been to three schools. The other two were awesome, but the one I'm in right now basically has no school spirit so meeting everybody is pretty much by chance or you stick to who you know and who they know from classes. Just my experience really. Anyways, in before OP is a rascist.
Reply 21
Sounds like, from your little post there OP, you'll be happier at SOAS. It may not be as good on the league tables but don't forget this is a substantial period of time to commit yourself to somewhere you're not truly comfortable with. :smile:
Reply 22
Lucible
Sounds like, from your little post there OP, you'll be happier at SOAS. It may not be as good on the league tables but don't forget this is a substantial period of time to commit yourself to somewhere you're not truly comfortable with. :smile:

Don't worry about it, I've always been ok with making my own little corner and getting on from there. One thing about Bristol is that the night life is a bit on the rough side, so I'm guessing I'll take up waitressing again instead of working in a club.

I'll miss Brighton... :frown:
Reply 23
Amirahaha
Don't worry about it, I've always been ok with making my own little corner and getting on from there. One thing about Bristol is that the night life is a bit on the rough side, so I'm guessing I'll take up waitressing again instead of working in a club.

I'll miss Brighton... :frown:

I would. :yep: I was born in Brighton :biggrin:
Reply 24
Lucible
I would. :yep: I was born in Brighton :biggrin:

high five! o/ Nottingham's not half bad though isn't it??
Reply 25
Amirahaha
high five! o/ Nottingham's not half bad though isn't it??

I prefer it down South. First time in my life I've moved north of London and its a bit strange... But yeah, Nottingham's pretty cool :biggrin: :biggrin:
Reply 26
Primali
I would pick SOAS on any day. I actually got an offer to study law at soas last year so a did a ton of research. Career-wise, soas might not be the strongest of the two but many law firms ( incl MC and top US firms) actually go there to advertise + you might be able to go to the law fairs of other UoL unis. The llb is pretty solid and judging from their entry requirements they've become a hell of a lot more stringent. I barely missed their offer last year but I was still rejected.

Hi you say you just barely missed your SOAS offer what did you get??and where do you study now?
Reply 27
Horserats
Hi you say you just barely missed your SOAS offer what did you get??and where do you study now?

Hey, i did the IB and SOAS asked for 38 (6,6,7) while i got 38 (5,6,6).

I'm currently in a gap year and i've applied to entry in 2010. I already have three unconditional offers for law from liverpool, exeter and dundee. Warwick and Hull haven't replied yet.
Reconsider Sussex? It's very close to Brighton so a great nightlife and you'd hardly be far from London.
Reconsider Sussex? It's very close to Brighton so a great nightlife and you'd hardly be far from London.

Latest

Trending

Trending