Turn on thread page Beta

Why is racism against blacks worse than racism against whites? watch

ReputationRep:
    because.......
    1. tHerE Are LEss BlaCKs
    2. BlACks aRE mORE seNSIblE

ReputationRep:
    What about racism against Browns?
    Especially if you're Pakistani (which I'm not).
    I think these days they get it the worst.:unsure:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You-Rock-My-World)
    I'm black myself, and I have to say that this is certainly true. A lot of my friends seem to have a chip on their shoulder, all because of slavery. Now I don't believe slavery should be forgotten about, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for positive discrimination or racism against whites. The Romans and Greeks took white slaves from Europe, but the descendants from slaves do not hold it against them. Slavery has happened all over the world and still happens in some places, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for racism.

I know oppression has happened as well, but aren't white people being paid back because of positive discrimination? If I apply for a job, I'm often told to put down my ethnicity for a "survey". Surely this is just so companies do not seem racist and hire people from different races? But it shouldn't be law to have to hire minorities, it should be that the most suitable person gets the job, not because they are a minority. Its not just racism either, a similar thing is happening because of feminism, even though women make up the majority of the population.

Its not just jobs though, it is also society in general. If I was racist to a white person, it wouldn't be taken as seriously as if a white person was racist to me. If I went to a police station because of racism, they would investigate it. If a white person went because of racism towards him, they would laugh at him.

People need to open their eyes and see positive discrimination does not bring equality, if anything it brings more inequality.

Edit- If I was white and wrote this, I would be called racist.
    You're completely right. Unfortunately though, racism against blacks seems to have been more widespread and became more of an issue than racism against whites. That's not to say that it's worse to be racist against one or the other, because it's not, we're all equal. But because racism against blacks reached such a high level people are far more sensitive towards it, and it eclipses racism towards white people. It'll take time to get rid of that, but it is happening, these days you do hear more people such as yourself speaking sense

ReputationRep:
    history has got nothing to do with it its 2010 ffs if we dwelled on the past we wud be really ******* up rite now and i think you have a good point about jobs it should be if your what they need for the job not the colour of your skin. come on i mean who really cares about someones skin colour
    i gave you rep for this

ReputationRep:
    The problem with racism is that people keep trying to remove it by punishing others.
    The best way to get rid of racism is too ignore it. i.e. Stop creating stupid pieces of legislation that allow for positive discrimination in favour of minorities.

Harriet Harman... I will kill you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Teaddict)

If I was able to, I would give you negative rep.
    ditto, if i didnt pity your limited mental capacity.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moe Lester)
    It's terribly outdated though, a black frenchman is no longer a novelty, indeed in many parts of France it is the norm.
    What do you mean patronizing you retard, you don't know half the **** you talk about anyway :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    It's terribly outdated though, a black frenchman is no longer a novelty, indeed in many parts of France it is the norm.
    Yeah I didn't reread it fully, I just remembered the main points from when it was discussed yesterday and it felt quite relevant. Don't actually remember the black frenchman bit at all Whoops.

ReputationRep:
    The problem with racism is that people keep trying to remove it by punishing others.
    The best way to get rid of racism is too ignore it. i.e. Stop creating stupid pieces of legislation that allow for positive discrimination in favour of minorities.

shut the **** up. There is no positive discrimination that favours minorities. It doesn't exist and is just the fabrication of a bunch of pissed of middle class white men who are deluded into thinking they have it the worse when they don't. A business can use or not use information about someones ethnicity, sex, religion, orientation in any way they want (there are limits obviously)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ormaybeitsjustnarcissism)
    Yeah I didn't reread it fully, I just remembered the main points from when it was discussed yesterday and it felt quite relevant. Don't actually remember the black frenchman bit at all Whoops.
    It was interesting to read though, increadible that people were once treated like that....makes me appreciate the civil rights movement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    What do you mean patronizing you retard, you don't know half the **** you talk about anyway :rolleyes:
    Throwing your toys out of the pram?

ReputationRep:
    Throwing your toys out of the pram?
    Thank you for proving me right again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paki4lyf786)
    2. BlACks aRE mORE seNSIblE
    Sensible...like I better not walk on that pavement it looks slippy sensible?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Diaz89)
    Thank you for proving me right again
    No problem baba.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by You-Rock-My-World)
    I'm black myself, and I have to say that this is certainly true. A lot of my friends seem to have a chip on their shoulder, all because of slavery. Now I don't believe slavery should be forgotten about, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for positive discrimination or racism against whites. The Romans and Greeks took white slaves from Europe, but the descendants from slaves do not hold it against them. Slavery has happened all over the world and still happens in some places, but it shouldn't be used as an excuse for racism.
    But it does answer your question in the first place. Blacks were considered second class citizens for so long whilst white people lorded it over them as late as the early 70s even. I agree with you, but history clearly gives people a good argument for making discrimination against black people a lot worse than from blacks. That said racism of all kinds is wrong, and hopefully as time passes people will gradually see this and double standards like this won't exist.

ReputationRep:

Actually no, in fact a government think tank studied employer tendencies to not hire ethnic minorities with foreign sounding names, report came back and noted that racism in the job market was still rampant. From the Financial times that was, ask for link and you shall receive.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bannage)
    shut the **** up. There is no positive discrimination that favours minorities. It doesn't exist and is just the fabrication of a bunch of pissed of middle class white men who are deluded into thinking they have it the worse when they don't. A business can use or not use information about someones ethnicity, sex, religion, orientation in any way they want (there are limits obviously)
    Watch the BBC news for a week and tell me there is no positive discrimination. Oh, and please don't try to tell me that black, asian, disabled or gay people make so much better news readers than white people.

ReputationRep:
    What I don't understand about the standard liberal response of "because of past injustices" is that it patently states that people can and should be punished for the crimes of their ancestors.

Would you accept that a murderers son should be sentenced to life imprisonment for his fathers crime? Would you accept that a thief's son should be given a large fine because his father stole something? No? But you believe that anti-white racism shouldn't be considered as bad as anti-black racism, because white peoples ancestors have enslaved black peoples ancestors?

I never enslaved anyone, I never contributed to any discrimination against blacks, but I should have to be extra careful with what I say, even when black people can do exactly the same thing and be told that it's "not as bad"?!?! As others have mentioned, its not even as if white peoples ancestors have been the only slave-owners in the past, look at black slavers who sold slaves to the whites, look at the arab slavers, look at the ancient egyptians. I can't believe anyone buys into this ridiculous idea that past injustices have any relevance at all. So long as oppotunities are equal for people of all races, things will sort themselves out.

ReputationRep:
    tbh everyone crying about slavery, just because we enslaved them doesnt mean we have to suck up to them now and make a massive fuss over every little thing. it happened. deal with it.

ReputationRep:
    I know East Asians (Orientals) get more racism than blacks! And if it's south London, it's usually the blacks being racist!

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.