Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Prefer.

ReputationRep:
    It shows that they couldn't care less about following the trend or being just another girl in leggings and a short skirt, so yeah, definitely :yep:

Within reason, though I aint dating Smel from This is England :lolwut:

ReputationRep:
    I like messy girls I don't know why, but I pay more attention to messy looking girls than your average straight hair, immaculate girl

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Demonic Entity)
    Fts
    Meaning?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kellybee)
    i would be proud to be labelled an art student :yep:
    Nice to see someone would...

ReputationRep:
    I don't understand why anyone would spend time doing their hair/makeup when they could be happily asleep in bed.

I did used to know a girl who'd put on a fair bit of makeup every day - when she wanted to fake being ill she just wouldn't bother, and then everyone would think she looked terrible.

ReputationRep:
    Being an Arts student myself, I think we dress pretty stylishly, but then again everyone has their own opinions.

Sexy-messy is good, ie. layered hair with a tiny amount of wax run through it for that messy look, and casual style which is still quite smart and put together.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sabertooth)
    people that don't spend hours perfecting their appearance are normally the nicest personality-wise, in my experience. then again, I could just be biased. :p:
    This guy speaks sense.

ReputationRep:
    Messy girls ftw. =]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by this charming girl)
    Do you like messy-looking girls... messy hair, weird combinations of clothes? I know it depends on the guy and all that but just interested...
    OP give us some examples please.

Is this (young Bjork) :love: :love: :love: your idea of the messy look?

Admittedly though, I bet a lot of 'messy' girls spend just as long on their look as the traditional Umpa lumpa fake tan and make up girls.

Natural beauty / messy FTW.

ReputationRep:
    I'm a pretty laid back and casual person...I'd be perfectly happy with a girl who doesn't spend much time on appearance.

ReputationRep:
    some of the girls with messy hair are trying too hard, they dress and act like effy stoneham it just doesn't work on most of them

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by this charming girl)
    Do you like messy-looking girls... messy hair, weird combinations of clothes? I know it depends on the guy and all that but just interested...
    The ones who spend the least time on their appearance are often the nicest, get up, get on with the day, have fun, don't spend forever applying make-up with a trowel and don't take all day deciding on an outfit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chronic_fatigue)
    some of the girls with messy hair are trying too hard, they dress and act like effy stoneham it just doesn't work on most of them
    Agreed. Nutural messy is far better.

ReputationRep:
    hurrah for messy girls!!

although i do usually feel a bit bad about myself when standing next to an immaculate beauty..

edit: **** it, hurrah for messy girls..

ReputationRep:
    Well this thread has cheered me up rather a lot. I have become a 'messy girl' since my hair dresser went on holiday and my fringe is so far past my eyes the only solution is to let it dry itself in a puffy sideways frizz and add a bow for 'irony'.

Hhm that description sounds awful, it looks nicer in real life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Emma.x)
    I have mates who like the "messy" look but they actually spend more time getting it right than my mates who go for the tidy, hair straight, clean clothes look lol. just becasue it appears like they just got out of bed and came in doesnt mean they have lol
    but ye they are nice people but you get nice people who look smart and tidy and then nie people who look "messy" depends on the person and their personality lol
    I agree. I always dress as if i'm going to church and everybody makes fun of me for putting to much effort into it and being vain etc but being clean and tidy takes much less effort than spending ages artfully smudging eyeliner or backcombing hair.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wesssty)
    looks okay but it gets to a point where I'll just label you as an art student and be on my way
    Yeh Art Students try so hard !! :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I literally don't understand why girls have to spend so long getting up in the morning. Why not have a shower, dry, brush your teeth and be on your way?

ReputationRep:
    It's funny becauise i've seen girls go to a house party in some Student House and they are dressed like they are going to the Royal Variety...I mean come on you're going to a House Party with people who don't give a hoot !!
    I've seen the odd few that show up in sweat pants though which is cool when you wanna debag them !!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.