Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Last term i didn't go home at all, and I'm not planning to go home at all this term either to be honest! My family visit me here though, but only about once a term.

ReputationRep:
    Not at all if I can help it. Once a term max, to say goodbye to friends going on gap years. I miss uni too much, home is so dull in comparison!

ReputationRep:
    Last term I went back home once, but this term is shorter so I probably won't.

ReputationRep:
    Last term, I went home twice, my parents visited once. This term, I'm going home once. It takes a while on the train, it's quite expensive, even with a railcard, and I'm too busy this term! I go back for my family, since all my friends from before uni are spread out across the country now.

ReputationRep:
    Last term I came back twice. Its quite expensive but I'd go home every weekend if I could tbh. Weekends are normally dead here and at home I'm never bored because some of my friends are still around and its always nice to see my family. This term so far I've gone home twice which is a bit much and might be going a third and fourth time-its just that we get kicked out of halls in Easter and so I like to take my stuff back bit by bit, its boring on weekends and I miss home.

ReputationRep:
    last term i think i went back twice in 10 weeks, but this term i've been back 4/5 times in 4 weeks. :awesome:

that's only because i'm not very happy here though, and also because a lot of other people tend to go home too. i'm at a campus university where a lot of students are from quite close by, so it's always dead at weekends. if i was at a different university then i think it'd be different.

ReputationRep:
    OK, I tend to go home fairly regularly - like every 2 weeks. I don't have the excuse of a job or a girlfriend. I just like escaping from uni. It's good to be at home.

And the weekends are the dullest times - my friends and I rarely go out on weekends, so I do get bored.

EDIT: It's worth pointing out it's only a hour on the train for me, and fairly cheap.

ReputationRep:
    I went once last term and I probably won't go this term. I just don't have the time, and there's not much incentive to do so.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gemma :)!)
    I go home most weekends. Firstly, I only live a 25minute car ride away, and my boyfriend lives by my home house so it's easier to see him.
    Secondly, nothing goes on here at the weekend, and loads of the people in my flat go home so it'd be mega boring if I stayed.

I'm not that happy here anyway.. not homesick, just not happy.. so 5 days a week is enough for me thanks!
    How come your not happy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by raisin.)
    last term i think i went back twice in 10 weeks, but this term i've been back 4/5 times in 4 weeks. :awesome:

that's only because i'm not very happy here though, and also because a lot of other people tend to go home too. i'm at a campus university where a lot of students are from quite close by, so it's always dead at weekends. if i was at a different university then i think it'd be different.
    How come your not happy? Im considerin going home more often too to deal with my unhappyness here.

ReputationRep:
    I don't plan to but ive ended up going home about once a term. I would love to go back more but my uni is in the middle of nowhere and i can't always guarantee i can get a lift back here in time for lectures. Not many people are able to get away from here at weekends. I had a friend who would regularly go home because she couldn't stand her house mates any more and ive found myself in a similar situation where being with my house mates is turning into an unpleasant situation.
    I have about 26 days til i can go home for a month for easter. I don;t want to run away from my problems but im thinking i might have to go home just to chill out before then.

ReputationRep:
    tell me about it! i thought i was really sad for counting down the days til i go home at easter (26) but i just feel so stressed out and sick of uni, the course, and i really do miss home (now how bad is this! a 20 year old getting upset cos shes not at home!!!)

im actually going home on the 13th as its mothers day weekend btu as i work i wont get home until late.

home for me is also 3 hours drive but (thank god) i have my car at uni with me

ReputationRep:
    don't worry im 22 and miss home like crazy! my flat mates all just went to the shops without inviting me ...yay.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Raindrop87)
    How come your not happy?
    I had REALLY high expectations of uni, and it hasn't lived up to that. The course has, but the student life in general hasn't. I'm always skint, always have loads of work to do, and it's just a lot more stressful than I anticipated. Guess that'll teach me for being optimistic eh

ReputationRep:
    I was quite homesick to begin with and went home every couple of weekends once i got into it, started going out, met my boyfriend, i went home less. I was lucky that i only lived 2 hours away so could go home whenever i felt the pressure getting too much.

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.