Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

if a guy was so pale that it was his defining feature (something everyone always noticed, either commented on to his face, talked about behind his back or at least thought 'hes the whitest guy i've ever seen'), what would you girls think? i'm at my wits end with *****y comments from people and annoying staring by other people at me. there's nothing else wrong with me - i look like a perfectly normal guy, good diet, good hygiene, good looking clothes. i would look pretty attractive if it were not for the really pale skin. what would you think of me?

ReputationRep:
    Get a tan then.

But considering Edward Cullen (or w.e his name is) was voted hottest guy of 2009 and is obscenely pale then I don't know why you're worrying.

ReputationRep:
    Its not a bad thing, you just need to play on it, make it part of your style.

(Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Get a tan then.

But considering Edward Cullen (or w.e his name is) was voted hottest guy of 2009 and is obscenely pale then I don't know why you're worrying.
    your comment is easier said than done. why don't you try putting yourself in my shoes and think of all the horrible comments i've had to put up with my whole life?

'you'd blend into that white wall'

'hey, where are you in all this snow?'

'I feel the presence of a ghost. Oh no, it's [insert my name here]'

'Hey Casper'

the comments are awful and they've made me want to kill myself before.

ReputationRep:
    first two responses are guys, ha!

personally, i'm not bothered about the colour of a boy's skin.. i'm pretty pale too and would hate someone to judge my attractiveness based on that.

(Original post by Double Agent)
    Its not a bad thing, you just need to play on it, make it part of your style.
    no one has ever been kind enough in my whole life to offer me advice on that. my family are pale so they dont want me to be darker than them. no one offers advice outside my family because they want to ***** about me and make fun of me. its all so unfair:cry2:

(Original post by Farmboy_Pip)
    first two responses are guys, ha!

personally, i'm not bothered about the colour of a boy's skin.. i'm pretty pale too and would hate someone to judge my attractiveness based on that.
    the only comments i get on this website are from pale girls. then i get to real life and every girl i see is darker than me. every single one and i get weird stares from them.

ReputationRep:
    I like it :mmm:

Especially if said guy has dark eyes and hair. The contrast is :coma:

ReputationRep:
    it sounds like you've had a hard time but you're not the only person who gets picked on for a distinguishing feature - almost everyone has something that they hate about themselves that other people pick up on, and although yours may be more noticeable you're just gonna have to learn to deal with it!

as an earlier post said, just make it part of your style, and be proud of the fact that you look different - people are always going to notice but you just need to learn to take it in your stride.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, pale can be incredibly attractive, depending on style etc. Fake tan on the other hand is NEVER attractive imo, for the love of god stay your natural colour and ignore the idiots at school.

ReputationRep:
    Stop being a ***** and go get a tan then for christ sake.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    the only comments i get on this website are from pale girls.
    I'm not pale natural tan :p: and I don't let someone's skin colour change my mind about them at all!

ReputationRep:
    the only comments i get on this website are from pale girls. then i get to real life and every girl i see is darker than me. every single one and i get weird stares from them.
    I think you're paranoid because people don't care enough to stare at strangers for their skin colour or any other feature. At least that's true in a normal environment, are you still at school? If so I'd just stick it out until you experience the real world before thinking too much about it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Get a tan then.
    Are you kidding me? This is England. Any girl who dislikes the OP's paleness is going to probably be quite pale themselves. It's like an overweight girl mocking another girl who is more overweight than her.

ReputationRep:
    well perhaps that's because pale girls can empathise..

i can recognise that the people who tell me to go and get a tan are *****.. you can't let it get to you, because things aren't going to change..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Are you kidding me? This is England. Any girl who dislikes the OP's paleness is going to probably be quite pale themselves. It's like an overweight girl mocking another girl who is more overweight than her.
    Well there isn't another option.

In my first post I told him to just deal with it but he threw his toy out the pram and cried etc. Which obviously leaves him with the only choice of getting a tan.

You can't rationalize with those people lol, anyone who says 'hi casper' thinking it is funny is obviously a drain on society.

ReputationRep:
    People who make fun of you for being pale are horrible! pale guys can be really attractive and it sounds like you've got everything else going for you so just try to laugh off their abuse. Most of them are probably joking but because you're already sensiive about it, it hurts you.
    I think you need to accept hat you're pale and once you learn to love urself for who you are... Other peoples comments won't matter.

Worse comes to worst move to Pakistan...they loooove pale skin their ;-P

ReputationRep:
    Everyone gets banter. If you get a tan, I can assure you that will give you banter too.
    Either live with it, give them s*** back, take it with a laugh, "well, at least my face doesn't look like my neck just puked!" Or something, I dunno. I live in a flat where I need to take banter every day. Live with a bunch of skinny girls, and I'm 10 stone something, and I sometimes it's like I'm friggin obese from their comments. Step it up, give them banter back, or change it so they can throw comments about something else as irrelevant.

ReputationRep:
    Pale skin can be hot (and I have pretty dark skin). Ignore the people that make stupid comments- Don't let them get you down!

ReputationRep:
    I am very pale white also. This is highlighted when I play 2pac in my car.
    I feel for you bro.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.