Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I don't know what to do, feel so alone watch

Announcements

For many years have had depressio. I've tried everything, councelling and anti-depressants. But nothing helped me more than when I met someone who connected to me on this level.

We met by chance on fb and talked alot. Even though we never met we became so close and I fund myself telling him anything and he justhelped me feel better and talked to me, I never knew another person could hepl me so much. We met last summer and soon I fell inlove with him and he said he felt the same way.

But the problem was he lives thousands of miles away, but just talking to him always helped me and made me feel better. It sounds cheesy bt it really was like he was "the other part of me".

But he decided that we should stop talking because we would have to 1 day due to his culture, and he said if we carried on talking for ages it would be harder as we'd love each other more.

I have tried to forget about him but I can't. It was like he was my "opium", and now I feel so alone. I have tried talking to people around me but i's no the same. I miss him so much and life is so hard now. My depression i awful right now and I don't know what to do anymore. I have thought about suicide but I would never do it because of my family and I don't want to hurt him either.But at the same time I don't know what to do anymore. Life is just so empty for me. I have tried everything and ths is my last resort, asking an online forum. Please no "funny" comments cause I'm feeling bad enough as it is. I on't know what to do, help

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to hear you're feeling so lonely. I have to say real depression can't be cured by talking to someone online. You need to go back to the doctor and say that the anti-depressants aren't working. There's lots you can try. Do you think this guy is right is assuming you could never be together because of his culture? If that's the case how did he end up meeting you? If it's not going to work I think he is trying to be kinder by not prolonging contact, cruel as it seems now.

i know you probz don't wanna hear this, but move on.

i know you feel bad now but you can grow from it and learn from it. its a shame about the circumstances but you have your whole life ahead of you. Good luck babe xx

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.