Turn on thread page Beta

Whitening teeth. watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I have seen teeth whitening products online varying from £10-£80. Do they actually work? I have really good teeth...but if they could be whiter..!!

ReputationRep:
    Don't do it, not with one of those kits.

Ask Richard Hammond where he got his done.

ReputationRep:
    I use crest white strips and they work pretty well!

ReputationRep:
    Teeth are meant to be an off-white colour. Don't bother.

ReputationRep:
    Pearl Drops work a treat

ReputationRep:
    Natural colour of teeth is not white.

If you try to whiten them, most likely you'll be applying some sort of acid that in the long run will ruin the enamel.

ReputationRep:
    Don't use any kind of kit - only stuff I could recommend is Blanx toothpaste, which is very mild and works a treat in my opinion.

ReputationRep:
    Crest Whitening strips are THE BEST!
    No seriously, one of my friends used them and when i saw her i thought she her teeth professionally done. Since i've started using them everyones started commenting on how white my teeth are. I was even stopped on the train to ask how comes my teeth were so white.

I really recommend them because all you need is an hour a day for a week to start seeing results. I bought 2 weeks worth and i'm happy with how white my teeth are now. (My teeth weren't yellow/brown to start with or anything, but i wanted them to look really white so that's why i got them don't worry)

If you want them you can get them off ebay. Loads of people use them and you can read reviews online, so they're not dodgy or anything

Good luck with whatever you choose

ReputationRep:
    Unless your teeth are scummy then you shouldn't need whitening at your age.

Buy Arm & Hammer whitening toothpaste. I can't put enough emphasis on how much of a difference that toothpaste makes in regards to how white your teeth are.

ReputationRep:
    cows urine....yh i know ewww but the end result is just wow

ReputationRep:
    Tippex. Or go to the hygienist if they're stained.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by YesNoMaybeIDontKnow)
    I use crest white strips and they work pretty well!
    did your teeth not get really sensitive afterwards or was the sensitivity a short term problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Unless your teeth are scummy then you shouldn't need whitening at your age.

Buy Arm & Hammer whitening toothpaste. I can't put enough emphasis on how much of a difference that toothpaste makes in regards to how white your teeth are.

Yh heard about this one .

ReputationRep:
    I find the Arm and Hammer stuff really good. Blanx is good too, and Pearl Drops! I wouldn't buy any kits or anything though, as it's pretty dubious as to how safe they are for your teeth. And if it was me, I'd rather have off-white teeth than damaged ones!

Oh yeah, another tip - if you get a tan/use fake tan on your face (if you are currently pale like me) it makes a huuuuge difference. Makes your teeth look gleamingly white!

ReputationRep:
    Really white teeth aren't attractive or nice they look rather unnatural. If you have good teeth then don't use these products.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoyoxx)
    No seriously, one of my friends used them and when i saw her i thought she her teeth professionally done. Since i've started using them everyones started commenting on how white my teeth are. I was even stopped on the train to ask how comes my teeth were so white.

I really recommend them because all you need is an hour a day for a week to start seeing results. I bought 2 weeks worth and i'm happy with how white my teeth are now. (My teeth weren't yellow/brown to start with or anything, but i wanted them to look really white so that's why i got them don't worry)

If you want them you can get them off ebay. Loads of people use them and you can read reviews online, so they're not dodgy or anything

How much do you get them for? (Average price)

I had a quick look at Ebay and its mostly £16-20 :O

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whisperings)
    I find the Arm and Hammer stuff really good. Blanx is good too, and Pearl Drops! I wouldn't buy any kits or anything though, as it's pretty dubious as to how safe they are for your teeth. And if it was me, I'd rather have off-white teeth than damaged ones!

Oh yeah, another tip - if you get a tan/use fake tan on your face (if you are currently pale like me) it makes a huuuuge difference. Makes your teeth look gleamingly white!
    please don't

ReputationRep:

i heard they made your teeth really sensitive?

ReputationRep:

I'm not sure that's a good thing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saab_101)
    please don't
    don't worry, I didn't go so far as to look orange.
    But I am naturally deathly pale - naturally ill-looking. And it worked, got a lot of compliments ("she actually looks healthy!")

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.