Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whisperings)
    don't worry, I didn't go so far as to look orange.
    But I am naturally deathly pale - naturally ill-looking. And it worked, got a lot of compliments ("she actually looks healthy!")
    Ahh, that' alright then There is nothing on earth as scary as an orange faced girl lol. Pale's not always bad though

ReputationRep:
    blue tinted gloss, like benefits, will make your teeth look whiter

also it sounds weird but flossing makes my teeth whiter

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LG1)
    How much do you get them for? (Average price)

I had a quick look at Ebay and its mostly £16-20 :O
    There's different ones that you can get. Here's the link to them to make sure you're looking at the right ones. But yeah, going rate is around £16-£20 for 1-2 weeks worth.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CREST-WHITESTR...ht_1295wt_1072
    (2 weeks worth, "whitening power is not as strong, but in my opinion they all are the same)

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/CREST-WHITESTR...ht_1573wt_1072
    (7 days worth (if you use 2 a day, 2 upper, 2 lower) or 14 days if you use 1 a day 1 upper, 1 lower)

They're quite a lot, but i've tried other teeth whitening things, and these by far work the best. Though it's up to you. I also like these because I trust the brand, Crest, and know they're a good make, so my teeth aren't going to fall out

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarwe)
    i heard they made your teeth really sensitive?
    They only make them sensitive for a little while. Like during the end of the treatment, the last few days while i was using them, but not sensitive forever, it's only temporary, and if you rub sensodyne on your teeth, it goes straight away.
    All whitening treatments, even the ones you get done by a dentist, will make your teeth sensitive at the beginning. If they don't, they're not working. It's not a permanent thing, and that's just the side effects of putting hydrogen peroxide on your teeth.
    No pain no gain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BrightGirl)
    I'm not sure that's a good thing.
    LOL they're not paper white! They don't look fake haha. I think it's also because I also got my braces out recently so my teeth are STRAIGHT =D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yoyoxx)
    They only make them sensitive for a little while. Like during the end of the treatment, the last few days while i was using them, but not sensitive forever, it's only temporary, and if you rub sensodyne on your teeth, it goes straight away.
    All whitening treatments, even the ones you get done by a dentist, will make your teeth sensitive at the beginning. If they don't, they're not working. It's not a permanent thing, and that's just the side effects of putting hydrogen peroxide on your teeth.
    No pain no gain
    ahhh i see
    that doesnt sound so bad

where did you get yours from?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tarwe)
    ahhh i see
    that doesnt sound so bad

where did you get yours from?
    I got mine from Ebay, I found they were cheaper there than other sites

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skinsie)
    I have seen teeth whitening products online varying from £10-£80. Do they actually work? I have really good teeth...but if they could be whiter..!!

as some others have mentioned.. crest whitening strips. i've tried these and they actually do work!! however, it can cause your teeth to become sensitive on a temporary basis.

ReputationRep:
    I ordered some of the white crest strips (just waiting for them to come now) but how long if you wear 1 up 1 down each day and you have not very yellow bad teeth tbh for it to take effect?

A couple of days, 1 week?

ReputationRep:
    i heard they made your teeth really sensitive?
    I used the crest whitening strips. Stopped after a while coz my teeth just got too sensitive. I would use a strip and then my teeth would be hurting for days after. Not worth the pain in my opinion.
    For those who do still plan on using them, I'd advise not to use them too often and combine it with something like sensodyne to combat the sensitivity.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you rather give up salt or pepper?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.