Turn on thread page Beta

How 'good' actually is it? Honest replies required. watch

Basically, I am curious to find out how 'passionate' people feel about a boyfriend or girlfriend, for want of a better word. For example, when you kiss or cuddle them, or when you have sex. This could also include how it was with ex partners, but I want to know mostly about in a relationship or with someone you care about, rather than drunken pulling or one night stands.

Are the usual romantic cliches about tingles down your spine and electricity at all true?
    If so, does this continue indefinitely?
    Would you still describe your partner as sexy?
    Do you daydream about them when they are not around?

ReputationRep:
    i think one of the most amazing feelings in the world is just...being with my fiance. laying with him in bed, cuddling in a chair, whatever. i've been with him over 3 years and i still get a little spark of excitement when he holds my hand. the fact that we spend part of the year long distance might have something to do with it though, absense makes the heart grow fonder and all that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically, I am curious to find out how 'passionate' people feel about a boyfriend or girlfriend, for want of a better word. For example, when you kiss or cuddle them, or when you have sex. This could also include how it was with ex partners, but I want to know mostly about in a relationship or with someone you care about, rather than drunken pulling or one night stands.

Are the usual romantic cliches about tingles down your spine and electricity at all true?
    If so, does this continue indefinitely?
    Would you still describe your partner as sexy?
    Do you daydream about them when they are not around?
    I consider myself passionate... but hey anyway...

>Tingles down the spine ---- definitely
    >electricity... only with the right people, chemistry only comes from certain people being together.
    >well i feel like it does (currently think so with this one lovely girl)
    >Well at first i wasn't so sure, and i don't know if i would call her sexy, but she is still amazing in my eyes (still pretty attractive, and very passionate while being caring and loving)
    >Oh always dreaming of her, in fact never experienced it before... for a few days after she left every time i breathed out i could "taste" her in my breath... like what she smells like etc, and constantly reminded me of her...

And I must say, had the most amazing experiences with her, was close to a one night stand kind of thing since we live in other countries... but was seriously passionate, lustful, loving, caring, and just WOW!!! lol, and thats more the emotional side than just the sexual... in fact every time I think of her and our times together, i don't go hard or anything (even when thinking of the sexual things) but i get major tingles along my spine as well as feeling like nothing else matters, and always brightens up my day (last time I saw her was around month ago)...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rick-Raith)
    And I must say, had the most amazing experiences with her, was close to a one night stand kind of thing since we live in other countries... but was seriously passionate, lustful, loving, caring, and just WOW!!! lol, and thats more the emotional side than just the sexual... in fact every time I think of her and our times together, i don't go hard or anything (even when thinking of the sexual things) but i get major tingles along my spine as well as feeling like nothing else matters, and always brightens up my day (last time I saw her was around month ago)...
    Hah, awww

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    Hah, awww
    haha thx really like her and feel connected somehow... like you know when everything just flows perfectly and there are no problems what so ever. When they are comfortable enough to let you touch places where they are insecure, and other way around etc... She changed my life and she has told me that I have inspired her to be so much more, though she is great as is...

Ps. sorry OP for the side track here

ReputationRep:
    I don't feel electricity as such but tingles yeah and rushes of happiness. When I'm hugging him or lying or sitting close to him I feel just hugely content and happy, like nothing in the world could bother me at all and none of it matters. I think about him very often when he's not there and I would say he was sexy.

We've been together six months next Monday.

Thankyou for all the replies so far.

ReputationRep:
    I never thought I'd experience it tbh. But yeah, it's exactly that - butterflies in the tummy, constant feeling of happiness and sometimes quite giddy. When I'm with him the rest of the world doesn't exist. He makes me so happy. I think about him 90% of the time when we're apart (long distance) and he's my world - we're each other's worlds. I can't imagine my life without him. I also find him incredibly sexy.

I suppose the other part to this overall question is whether or not you would be willing to stay in a relationship in which you no longer felt these things. Would you stay if you otherwise got on with your partner very well?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I suppose the other part to this overall question is whether or not you would be willing to stay in a relationship in which you no longer felt these things. Would you stay if you otherwise got on with your partner very well?
    I don't think i would, like i might stay in the relationship, but if i got a feeling to break up or something i would end it...
    I trust my intuition

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I've been with my boyfriend for a fair bit now and while some of the initial excitement goes, I know him so well and we're so in tune with each other. If I did start feeling anxious about my feelings in the relationship, I would give it a hell of a lot of thought before finishing with him, because it could be just a phase of uncertainty rather than really wanting to break up with him. All I have to think of is him not in my life and it makes me want to cry. I'm so glad he's mine

ReputationRep:
    When you 'click' with someone you are passionate about, the sex is electric. It's all I can think about.
    The physical connection can obliterate any rational thought.

ReputationRep:
    I never really got the electricity stuff apart from at the very beginning, and a couple of times while we've been long distance and I've been on the train to see him. :love: I think that's part of what I like about going to see him instead of him coming to see me, is that I effectively have ~2 hours of being excited about seeing him :love:

Yes, if anything he's gotten sexier to me as the months go on. Even though he's gained a bit of weight, I honestly don't care. I'm finally understanding when guys say they 'love you as you are' - I couldn't care less, he's still just :sexface:

I daydream a fair bit :daydreaming: I don't think he does though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    I'm so glad he's mine
    :whip:

(Original post by OpalFruitJam)
    The physical connection can obliterate any rational thought.
    :yep: life becomes dull when you're rational all the time

ReputationRep:
    with some people you get the chemistry and it's amazing.
    very rare to find and hard to keep.

lol breakupaments

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wanischa)
    with some people you get the chemistry and it's amazing.
    very rare to find and hard to keep.
    Yaaaaaaaaaaa
    Either you end up losing interest and they looooooove you. Or you lub them and they want to be friends now.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, yes, yes, yes and yes. I am ridiculously loved up at the moment. He's the funniest person I've ever met. We can talk for hours and hours about everything and anything, we text each other all day when we're apart and when we're together we have the best time whether we go out or just stay in bed all day. Sex is unbelievable, just out of this world, but we also spend hours at a time just kissing and looking at each other. On Saturday night he asked me to marry him and to be honest right now I feel like I've won a prize. I know this is nauseating but I just don't care.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I never thought I'd experience it tbh. But yeah, it's exactly that - butterflies in the tummy, constant feeling of happiness and sometimes quite giddy. When I'm with him the rest of the world doesn't exist. He makes me so happy. I think about him 90% of the time when we're apart (long distance) and he's my world - we're each other's worlds. I can't imagine my life without him. I also find him incredibly sexy.
    It's not that Oli Brown dude is it?

(Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I'm posting anon as this is emo but I envy your position now. I had those feelings with one of my exes and it even evolved to a much higher appreciation than the giddy amazement thing. Well it's difficult to compare with other people I suppose, but I just knew I could appreciate every aspect of him even the ********. Unfortunately I went through a hard time and he ended up dumping me, though it was a tough one for him I suppose somehow he didn't quite love me to the same extent.

My relationships have just been so ****** up since, I can't fall in love properly again. I can feel all the love chemicals taking effect etc but none of it feels pure anymore. It's tough. I wonder if anyone on here can relate?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.