I'm single. Nobody wants me :nn:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    It's not that Oli Brown dude is it.
    Why do you ask?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    Why do you ask?
    Cause it'd be cool if you were, and you are attending quite a few of his gigs.

ReputationRep:
    Sex with a condom sucks, to be honest.

That's why long-term relationships are the way to go!

ReputationRep:
    I've been with my boyfriend for nearly two years now and it's still mindblowing.

He's still stunning in my eyes - in fact, he gets more beautiful the whole time. Sex is a bit of a weird one for us these days (I'm generally too tired and stressed), but when we get down to it . . . it's the whole tingles and hunger thing they talk about in the movies. There is also a wonderful kind of safety and comfort. We just know each other so well and while it doesn't have the crazy excitement of a new relationship it's so much better because nothing is lurking and unexpected.

I think about him all the time and want to care for him and provide for him (turning into such a housewife, lol). We both have a huge amount of respect and love for each other - it's just breath taking.

I don't believe in soul mates, but I believe in him.

ReputationRep:
    Why do you ask?
    he wants in

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    Cause it'd be cool if you were, and you are attending quite a few of his gigs.
    dnm

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    me too. i just see pity in girls' eyes.

ReputationRep:
    Ah I see, yeah I'm with Oli :love:
    I'm surprised you didn't know already considering I get a lot of 'stick' for mentioning it so much on TSR lol. But yeah.
    Oh that's pretty sweet. Good for you :top:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dichr0ic)
    me too. i just see pity in girls' eyes.
    I'm just repulsive to women.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    I'm just repulsive to women.
    but do you at least try to... attract them? or do you disregard them in order to acquire currency?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dichr0ic)
    but do you at least try to... attract them? or do you disregard them in order to acquire currency?
    I'm more interested in rice pudden :moon:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Here's abit of advice, every woman is insecure and has a low self asteem issue no matter how pretty they actually are! - use it to your advantage.

As long as they are not a ****gish type girl and they are sophiscated to an extent, just useeeee compliments - of course attraction matters and without being gay dude your a pretty decent looking guy.

Just say 'hello' and nothing else (so your intention isn't that you like her, but just to be friendly.. you may or may not get a reponse, but who cares!) to the next girl you like.. (No Idea why i wrote all that, it was a natural impulse).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Just say 'hello' and nothing else to the next girl you like.. (No Idea why i wrote all that, it was a natural impulse).
    i do that all the time anyway.

ReputationRep:
    I've felt it all and still felt it. Right up to the day she ripped out my heart and danced on it.

Not worth it in my opinion and to say the absolute truth, if there was a way to eradicate the emotion of love and feeling of attraction, I'd do it within a heart beat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Respect4Acting)
    Here's abit of advice, every woman is insecure and has a low self asteem issue no matter how pretty they actually are! - use it to your advantage.

As long as they are not a ****gish type girl and they are sophiscated to an extent, just useeeee compliments - of course attraction matters and without being gay dude your a pretty decent looking guy.

Just say 'hello' and nothing else (so your intention isn't that you like her, but just to be friendly.. you may or may not get a reponse, but who cares!) to the next girl you like.. (No Idea why i wrote all that, it was a natural impulse).

Nah mate, you don't get it. I don't have time for women, there's too much dessert in my life for that.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more than 'good'. It's sensational. It's Angel Delight and whenever I get my whisk out on it for a few minutes, the vibrations are :drool: mmmmm it feels perfect in my mouth :P
    I think I need to go now...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I suppose the other part to this overall question is whether or not you would be willing to stay in a relationship in which you no longer felt these things. Would you stay if you otherwise got on with your partner very well?
    I don't think I've ever felt any of that, at least not to the extent everyone else seem to blubber on about :o: And I'm still in this relationship, I love him dearly and deeply care for him.

Are the usual romantic cliches about tingles down your spine and electricity at all true? No, unless he tickles me.
    If so, does this continue indefinitely? Nope.
    Would you still describe your partner as sexy? Yes :yep:
    Do you daydream about them when they are not around? Daydream is for teenagers, for people who do not have the person they love... I have him, I think about him, but I don't daydream about him or us.

God we sound boring. And maybe we are. I do find it sad that we don't seem to possess the 'passion' loads of other couples (at least) say they do. I only recently had a conversation with him about the lack of sex and feeling too 'settled'... But I do think passion is overrated, and romance is exaggerated... at the end of the day, it's how much he cares for me and how much I care for him that matters. We have a very strong relationship, and complement each other very well. In some ways, maybe it is more like best friends than lovers... but for someone like me who wants nothing more than normality and stability, he is perfect.

Oh, and I have felt all those things: butterflies in stomach, pounding heart in your ears, shivering, clammy hands... the entire lot. It was for a boy I was deeply infatuated with, 'loved' as I thought loved meant at 15 :rolleyes: I daydreamed about him constantly, loved the person I daydreamed him to be... and we never happened :xD: Figures :rolleyes: That was teenage lust and puppy love, this is real love. I do miss the rush of feelings, I admit... but I wouldn't give what I have now just to feel it fleetingly once again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Basically, I am curious to find out how 'passionate' people feel about a boyfriend or girlfriend, for want of a better word. For example, when you kiss or cuddle them, or when you have sex. This could also include how it was with ex partners, but I want to know mostly about in a relationship or with someone you care about, rather than drunken pulling or one night stands.

Are the usual romantic cliches about tingles down your spine and electricity at all true?
    If so, does this continue indefinitely?
    Would you still describe your partner as sexy?
    Do you daydream about them when they are not around?
    I've been with my girlfriend for 3 years now (and we've known each other a lot longer than that) and the answer for all of those questions is still DEFINITELY yes! We spent last weekend together for our anniversary and it was amazing! I felt really happy just being around her, regardless of what we were doing. And since I got back on monday I've pretty much been non-stop daydreaming about her and being with her since then :rolleyes: And yes, I would definitley describe her as sexy

This has been really helpful so far :yy:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.