Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Help, flat mate wants to 'go out some time' Watch

Just as the title says, my uni flat mate over christmas texted me asking if I was having a good christmas and whether I wanted to gout with him sometime when we get back. I was in shock and forgot to text back...errrg I have absoloutly no feelings about this guy. I already know that hes slept with another girl in our halls and people warn me that hes a bit of a letch. How do I not make it awkward when we get back/what do i say for not replying? I needto be very tactful as there are only 5 people in our flat so theres no hiding!

I may be totally reading into this wayyy too much but in the last week of the first semester he just got into my bed after a night out ......and before that he asked if I wanted to go out for a bite to eat...I played it down by agreeing that it would be a great idea to go shopping for our food in tesco the next day

ReputationRep:
    well go out and see what he means by it...

ReputationRep:
    Be firm with him

ReputationRep:
    just act all innocent like you dont know what he means. then if he eventually comes out with it bluntly just say something kind to let him down: really like you but not in that way etc. then maybe suggest everyone goes out for a drink together to clear the air.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Just as the title says, my uni flat mate over christmas texted me asking if I was having a good christmas and whether I wanted to gout with him sometime when we get back. I was in shock and forgot to text back...errrg I have absoloutly no feelings about this guy. I already know that hes slept with another girl in our halls and people warn me that hes a bit of a letch. How do I not make it awkward when we get back/what do i say for not replying? I needto be very tactful as there are only 5 people in our flat so theres no hiding!

I may be totally reading into this wayyy too much but in the last week of the first semester he just got into my bed after a night out ......and before that he asked if I wanted to go out for a bite to eat...I played it down by agreeing that it would be a great idea to go shopping for our food in tesco the next day
    He bascially tested you by throwing an text message in assumption of 'Doesn't hurt to try'. You on other hand, did not play it down, you played it safe now and keeping it an option for future but what i said is open to interpretation.

I mean..wah, you stated: "it would be a great idea to go shopping for our food in tesco the next day " it may sound like you played it down but if that guy is soo stupidly pathetic and still think he's in for a treat, well missy, you going have to be direct with your words before wrong miscommunication is going to get abit awkward.

Oh, i think he justs want a **** buddy. Lets not think what will happen in the future

ReputationRep:
    In general conversation slip in, 'You're a good friend', and also mention who you currently fancy.

About the text, just say you ran out of credit and then forgot. And then change the subject. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Whats a 'letch' ????

Oh and Just Say No.

ReputationRep:
    Could just be him taking you out for a couple drinks to say thanks for your contributions for keeping the flat clean. Go out can mean many many things...so just see what he means first.

ReputationRep:
    It is difficult when things are not clear. My flatmate asked me to go out with him to this event on campus "just the two of us" - not sure what that was about and it could be completely innocent but I can understand the confusion you might be feeling.

With regards your flatmate, you could invite other people along and see what his reaction is to work out what he means. As mentioned by others, it could just be for a chat or something rather than him wanting to go out as a couple/on a date/in a sex based way. Seems a bit odd him climbing into your bed uninvited though! Odd or pushy lol.

I'd definitely be polite but firm if he means as a couple and you don't like him. Makes things better in the long run.

ReputationRep:
    Don't **** on your own doorstep. I made that mistake and it now sucks! Just be firm

ReputationRep:
    Just punch him in the face.

That should stop him being interested.

If not, get the **** away from him as soon as possible, he's a creep.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.