Turn on thread page Beta

My boyfriend said he'd kill himself if we broke up. watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HCD)
    Kill him first, he won't be expecting that. :sly:
    LOL! best advice i've heard in a long time

ReputationRep:
    Dump him. Then you could try and get him some kinda help

I don't get why so many people are saying to call his bluff. I know if my boyfriend broke up with me I really would kill myself, simply because he's the only thing that keeps me going and stops me doing it. If I lost him then I'd just do what I wanted to do before I met him because everything would be over. But then again I have pretty bad depression, other mental health stuff but I'm serious about it (of course I don't tell him that though because I wouldn't want him to feel pressured to stay with me). I think you should tread carefully, especially if he has depression or similar. I think the idea about making sure he knows you'd be there as a friend is a good suggestion, because totally abandoning him when he has no friends, family not around etc can really push someone over the edge. That isn't to say you should stay with him however if the relationship isn't working.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    Break up with him

for the lols

hahahaha !! jokesss =p

ReputationRep:
    Hide the paracetamol and rope, then sling 'em. Simples.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I don't get why so many people are saying to call his bluff. I know if my boyfriend broke up with me I really would kill myself, simply because he's the only thing that keeps me going and stops me doing it. If I lost him then I'd just do what I wanted to do before I met him because everything would be over. But then again I have pretty bad depression, other mental health stuff but I'm serious about it (of course I don't tell him that though because I wouldn't want him to feel pressured to stay with me). I think you should tread carefully, especially if he has depression or similar. I think the idea about making sure he knows you'd be there as a friend is a good suggestion, because totally abandoning him when he has no friends, family not around etc can really push someone over the edge. That isn't to say you should stay with him however if the relationship isn't working.
    i agree :yep:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.