Turn on thread page Beta

Traffic Collision. watch

ReputationRep:
    I was on my way home yesterday when I was knocked off my motorbike. Was in some pretty weird shock or something, took down his number and reg plate, he said he was going to thrash me in court and blame me. It was entirely his fault, he lane jumped without signaling etc.

Are there any cameras on the Birmingham New Road (A4123) near the junction into Sedgley Road/Sedgley Road West? (A457)

The insurance have said it's his fault, but I just want to know if there's cameras or anything.

And yes, apart from sheer pain on the left of my body, I'm fine. Shame about the bike though, doesn't look so good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt_)
    I was on my way home yesterday when I was knocked off my motorbike. Was in some pretty weird shock or something, took down his number and reg plate, he said he was going to thrash me in court and blame me. It was entirely his fault, he lane jumped without signaling etc.

Are there any cameras on the Birmingham New Road (A4123) near the junction into Sedgley Road/Sedgley Road West? (A457)

The insurance have said it's his fault, but I just want to know if there's cameras or anything.

And yes, apart from sheer pain on the left of my body, I'm fine. Shame about the bike though, doesn't look so good.
    What kind of bike is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt_)

You don't need evidence if both insurers agree it is his fault. Don't worry about getting "thrashed" in court.
    Did the police come and take statements? Any witnesses?

I hope you get reimbursed and that you're not injured.

ReputationRep:
    What a ****!! I hate careless drivers. :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _KilgoreTrout_)
    What kind of bike is it?
    Yamaha YBR125 09 Reg

(Original post by M_E_X)
    You don't need evidence if both insurers agree it is his fault. Don't worry about getting "thrashed" in court.
    Did the police come and take statements? Any witnesses?

I hope you get reimbursed and that you're not injured.
    Haven't got into contact with him as far as I know, my insurance are doing it all.

No police, a few witnesses, none of them that I got the details of.

(Original post by I<3LAMP)
    What a ****!! I hate careless drivers. :mad:
    He said he didn't have to signal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt_)
    Yamaha YBR125 09 Reg

Haven't got into contact with him as far as I know, my insurance are doing it all.

Wow - I'm not that sure you can win then, to be honest.

Lessons learned:

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS call the police in a car crash. You wouldn't be posting this thread if you did that.
    ALWAYS TAKE WITNESS DETAILS - you could have used them to help fight your case.

I really don't understand why you didn't do either (or both of!) the above.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by M_E_X)
    Wow - I'm not that sure you can win then, to be honest.

Lessons learned:

ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS call the police in a car crash. You wouldn't be posting this thread if you did that.
    ALWAYS TAKE WITNESS DETAILS - you could have used them to help fight your case.

I really don't understand why you didn't do either (or both of!) the above.
    It was probably the 'using my face as a brake' part that clouded my judgement slightly.

ReputationRep:
    Have you been to hospital OP?

ReputationRep:
    why does every1 here appear to have anti david cameron signatures?

anyway, here in greece if you have an accident you must wait until the police arrive, leaving the vehicles where they are (even if it means blocking the road )

why didnt you call them?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lubus)

anyway, here in greece if you have an accident you must wait until the police arrive, leaving the vehicles where they are (even if it means blocking the road )

why didnt you call them?
    I remember when I visited Athens. You all drive like maniacs! :woo:

FUN
    (Original post by Salt_)
    It was probably the 'using my face as a brake' part that clouded my judgement slightly.
    My dad was knocked down on his bike under similar circumstances, I don't think he had any witnesses either.
    It worked out for him anyway, I hope it does for you. *******s who drive like that need a cheese grater taken to their face.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blinkbelle)
    Have you been to hospital OP?
    Yeah, arms in a sling, no breaks or anything. Bruised a bit, pain is not good.

(Original post by lubus)

why didnt you call them?
    Just didn't... I was in complete shock, I got home and was colourless.

ReputationRep:
    Google Streetview ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt_)
    Yeah, arms in a sling, no breaks or anything. Bruised a bit, pain is not good.

Just didn't... I was in complete shock, I got home and was colourless.
    You might be able to claim for personal injury aswell then. I was in a RTA a few months ago and when doing my insurance excess claim they kept badgering me asking if I'd injured myself. I hadn't, but if you have you should certainly pursue it. Idiot driver.

ReputationRep:
    You might be able to claim for personal injury aswell then. I was in a RTA a few months ago and when doing my insurance excess claim they kept badgering me asking if I'd injured myself. I hadn't, but if you have you should certainly pursue it. Idiot driver.
    Yeah they're doing all that for me, a lovely solicitor lady called Claire phoned up.

I can actually use the phrase "you'll have to talk to my solicitor" now.

ReputationRep:
    You need to report an RTA within 24hrs... if you haven't already done so, you need to make the call. This is regardless of whether yiou have exchanged driver details or not. HTH! SP :-) Oh and good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt_)
    Yamaha YBR125 09 Reg

:eek3:

Have the rules of the road changed since I took my test? :eek:

If he was changing lanes and didn't signal (and admits that to the police/insurance etc) he's up the proverbial creek without a paddle.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt_)
    Yeah they're doing all that for me, a lovely solicitor lady called Claire phoned up.

I can actually use the phrase "you'll have to talk to my solicitor" now.
    Haha I loved that too! Even though in a couple of years I will be a solicitor! It was an idiot who caused my accident too - they shouldn't be allowed on the roads!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Referee)
    :eek3:

Have the rules of the road changed since I took my test? :eek:

If he was changing lanes and didn't signal (and admits that to the police/insurance etc) he's up the proverbial creek without a paddle.
    I'm learning to drive as it is, and it's the same MSM. MIRROR SIGNAL MANEUVER. It was nearly the same when I did my CBT, just with the added SHOULDER before MANEUVER. Had to explain that on the side of the road to him, even then he said "I just came out of nowhere"

Haha I loved that too! Even though in a couple of years I will be a solicitor! It was an idiot who caused my accident too - they shouldn't be allowed on the roads!!
    Second time I've been in an accident like this, first time it was an old lady who didn't check her mirror, because she was... and I quote "looking out for her cat". Luckily I wasn't going fast enough to do any damage to me, scooter was a write off though. Helped pay for my bike, which is now... probably a write off.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt_)
    I'm learning to drive as it is, and it's the same MSM. MIRROR SIGNAL MANEUVER. It was nearly the same when I did my CBT, just with the added SHOULDER before MANEUVER. Had to explain that on the side of the road to him, even then he said "I just came out of nowhere"

I didn't think the rules had changed!

I'm both a biker and a driver so I know the problems both face.

Were you in lane and riding steadily or flitting around like a demented flea (a few bad riders do...no, I'm not suggesting that you're a bad/dangerous rider)? I can perhaps understand him not seeing you in his mirrors (bikes do very well at hiding in blind spots), but if he'd done his checks properly before moving there's no way he should have missed you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Salt_)
    Well that alone proves he is a complete retard.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.