Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chriz M)
    OK I'll try!

1) E (actually it is epsilon so a curly E) in magnetic fields is EMF, or electro-motive force. This is pretty much the same as voltage, as it is measured in volts. e is natural log so 2.71828183.

The fist equation is saying how the emf varies at different points in time, compared to the e0 which is the maximum emf.

The second equation is similar, but instead of using E0 it just finds it using BANw. It is actually the function for finding flux linkage at different times differentiated, but I wouldn't worry about that!

Hope that helped!

Ye sort of, ill keep at it tho.
    cheers anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geohess)
    Ye sort of, ill keep at it tho.
    cheers anyway
    I hope with that sort of thing, you can virtually just dump numbers in a formula, that said I imagine they will find some way to make it confusing/difficult.

ReputationRep:
    Exam tomorrow? Oops, better start revising :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I hope it's a hard paper. I make too many stupid mistakes with the easy questions. :hmmm:
    But please make the grav question easy :ashamed2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maxfire)
    I hope it's a hard paper. I make too many stupid mistakes with the easy questions. :hmmm:
    Shhh
    :awesome:

Not hard -- you want 'pleasantly challenging'
    :yy:

I've given up revising - if I don't understand magnets now, I won't tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    I hope they do.
    And the EM induction question.
    And not too many definitions.
    Or calculations.
    Or anything really. In fact just sitting there for nearly 2 hours drinking tea would be pretty amazing.
    Or even better...Open book exam :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    I hope they do.
    Or calculations.
    Or anything really. In fact just sitting there for nearly 2 hours drinking tea would be pretty amazing.
    I like the way you roll :yy:
    'A2 physics -- Tea and Texbook Unit 4'

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    I hope they do.
    Or calculations.
    :yep: Well, I'd rather coffee. Though I will have about 3 before I go in. IT'S A STIMULANT, YOU KNOW :ahee: Come visit me tonight, you should teach me some ****, you straight A student. :hmmm:

(Original post by raceforthefishman)
    Shhh
    :awesome:

Not hard -- you want 'pleasantly challenging'
    :yy:

I've given up revising - if I don't understand magnets now, I won't tomorrow
    Yeah pleasantly challenging would be nice. I'm just so sick of people in my class only getting good grades because they learn the textbook word for word, whereas I rely on natural intellect.
    I got the top mark in my class in a mock we did, just because the questions weren't ordinary "exam style questions", and actually needed some form of logic.

Magnets are a load of **** tbh. I don't like them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by D3bug)
    Just remember, "G(Fleming's) on a bike(Right hand grip)" :woo:
    Thats so ridiculous i dont think i'll ever forget it

My chem teacher said that the way he remembers the naming of carbons in a carbon chain (Meth, Eth, Prop, But) was by saying My Ear Pops Badly.

Never forgot it

ReputationRep:
    :yep: Well, I'd rather coffee. Though I will have about 3 before I go in. IT'S A STIMULANT, YOU KNOW :ahee: Come visit me tonight, you should teach me some ****, you straight A student. :hmmm:
    :coma: coffee. Might have to get some myself tbh.
    I had the best hot chocolate from starbucks on monday. It was just...:sogood:
    What time should I get there? I could teach you more than physics :sexface:

ReputationRep:
    I fell like I've missed out on some physics :perv: action

Genuinll gutted

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smeh)
    :coma: coffee. Might have to get some myself tbh.
    I had the best hot chocolate from starbucks on monday. It was just...:sogood:
    What time should I get there? I could teach you more than physics :sexface:
    :spank::whip:
    It's physics I'm after, not biology :sexface:
    Better go revise now. :emo: As soon as I've got the hang of something, a question comes up and fuggs with my mind.

ReputationRep:
    i'ld like to those bunch of ***** who say a-levels are getting easier take this exam. *******!

ReputationRep:
    I am so glad this forms no part of my offers, and that i don't have interviews. Explaining the potential E next to a load of As could be interesting. ahha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chriz M)
    OK I'll try!

1) E (actually it is epsilon so a curly E) in magnetic fields is EMF, or electro-motive force. This is pretty much the same as voltage, as it is measured in volts. e is natural log so 2.71828183.

The fist equation is saying how the emf varies at different points in time, compared to the e0 which is the maximum emf.

The second equation is similar, but instead of using E0 it just finds it using BANw. It is actually the function for finding flux linkage at different times differentiated, but I wouldn't worry about that!

Hope that helped!
    The W here is the angular velocity here too, which can be substituted in as 2.pi.f

ReputationRep:
    agh im really annoyed with this because all of my revision time has been sunk into bio and chem. I could do so much better with this had i given enough time to revision here.

I just figured that it was better to ace bio and chem and resit physics then to do ok in all three.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bslforever)
    Thats so ridiculous i dont think i'll ever forget it
    LOL we only say that because one time our physics teacher did both at the same time, with this look on his face... if only you were there xD I'm never gonna forget "G on a Bike" as long as I live :yep:

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK :jiggy:

ReputationRep:
    GOOD LUCK :jiggy:
    Thanks good sir I will need it

prepare the gullotine for me just in case

ReputationRep:
    back home... how did everyone find it?

personally i made a few stupid errors here and there but it was nothing untoward... at the beginning i did thinnk the multiple choice was disproportionately difficult though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 29, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.