Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester United vs City or Date? watch

Announcements

I'm seriously considering canceling my date, like an idiot i forgot that a game you simply cannot miss is on tommorow & I'm stuck, cos the girl I have a date with is my friends flatmate ..

Football fans, what would you do? & I don't need to know what girls are going to say about me.. because you just don't understand!

ReputationRep:
    Bring her to watch it

(Original post by Jim-ie)
    Bring her to watch it
    You think she would be impressed on a first date??!? I don't regard football more than her, but I regard this match very high.... URGH

ReputationRep:
    Stuff the girl, the footballs more important.

ReputationRep:
    omg are u joking mate the wnner has to be the match come on you reds!ha

ReputationRep:
    Your girlfriend's already made a thread about this. It didn't go down too well with her.

ReputationRep:
    Just watch it with her and try to keep the armchair rainting to a minimum

ReputationRep:
    Depends how peng she is!

Football over fatties but fitties over football!

ReputationRep:
    Is it your first date with this girl? Ask her if you can postpone the date, meet her after the match. Ask her if she'd like to join you? She may not be too happy being ditched for you to watch football, but heyho that's a choice you've gotta make if you really want to see the match. Explain to her that this is a match you really don't want to miss, you never know.. she may understand. It's not like you're going to be doing it all the time, is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    You think she would be impressed on a first date??!? I don't regard football more than her, but I regard this match very high.... URGH
    There's your answer. Date it is.

ReputationRep:
    football game obviously

ReputationRep:
    If you support either team- football.
    If you support neither team- the girl, maybe.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone picking girl over football is a loser!

Get to the pub, sink a few pints and then meet her at 10 and go clubbing. Perfect

Football all the way

ReputationRep:
    Football fans, what would you do? & I don't need to know what girls are going to say about me.. because you just don't understand!
    That match only comes around twice a year, so I'd usually know in advance, but I've had no problem not watching so i can see people, as long as its not a final or anything.
    Edit:
    People who don't support football can't and won't understand the hype. A match like this is enormous, it only comes around a couple of times a year

ReputationRep:
    Do you have tickets to the match or are you planning on watching it on TV? If the former, well you've payed well in advance 'nuff said. Just explain you're an idiot in a tongue-in-cheek manner and reschedule. If it's on the TV what's so wrong with watching it late?

ReputationRep:
    **** that go to the game and let it her know she'll always come second behind football to nulify any future problems.

ReputationRep:
    Go on the date. Those multi millionaire footballers couldn't care less how much of a loyal fan you were, they are getting their nuts sucked by supermodels every night anyway. You on the other hand, being not a multi millionaire and not a footballer, might have to put in some groundwork.

She's Really hot, omg this is so hard >_<.
    I think by choosing her, it will mean i have come along way..

ReputationRep:
    Pull a sicky. Pretend to be ill, and curled up on the sofa under a quilt, whilst watching the game.

dude, i made the other thread because my boyfriend cancelled plans for the same game. it probably won't go down too well tbh

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.