Turn on thread page Beta

I'm buying a digital piano...advice? watch

ReputationRep:
    Basically I have about £650 budget and just wondered if the Yamaha YDP140 is a good buy.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B...pf_rd_i=468294

If not does anyone think there's anything better for the same price?

Also this digital piano is cheaper from normans instruments...http://www.normans.co.uk/p-17-yamaha...ark-alder.aspx

Has anyone ever brought anything from there..is it trustworthy?

Cheers

ReputationRep:
    No matter what, you should try and play the instrument before you buy it. At least when you've decided on a model that you enjoy playing, responds well and has a good sound then you can decide to shop around for the best price.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JB Johnstone)
    No matter what, you should try and play the instrument before you buy it. At least when you've decided on a model that you enjoy playing, responds well and has a good sound then you can decide to shop around for the best price.
    Ahh ok thanks =)

ReputationRep:
    I have the same piano you're looking at (I think), I think it's great and have had no problems with it

ReputationRep:
    My #1 recommendation would be: Try before you buy!

It's frustratingly time-consuming when you're in a rush to buy one, but totally worth doing. I bought a digital piano last year and before I started trekking around the showrooms, I was expecting to buy either a Kurzweil SP2X (weighted keyboard) or a Yamaha CLP series. After I'd tried a few in shops I was astonished at how much of a mistake that would have been! To me, the Kurzweils sounded and felt electronic and cheap, and the only Yamahas I liked were the ones way out of my budget!

In the end I went for a Kawai, the CL35. I'd never heard of the brand before, but found it in a showroom and it looked and felt fantastic.

I'm generally one for online research and then quick buying decisions, but I'm really glad I took the time to check these out in person.

Good luck and enjoy your new piano, whichever you go for!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.