Turn on thread page Beta

why is the uni i have applied to asking for this... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    I am on my gap year an I did my A-levels last year and got BBC. I am retaking a few modules this year though. I applied for royal holloway and they have sent me an e-mail to say that in order to fully consider my application i must send them my A-level results certificate.

1) iv lost my results certificate
    2) why are they asking for these, do they not believe I got these grades at A-level because to be honest my GCSE's were not very good.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)
    I am on my gap year an I did my A-levels last year and got BBC. I am retaking a few modules this year though. I applied for royal holloway and they have sent me an e-mail to say that in order to fully consider my application i must send them my A-level results certificate.

2) why are they asking for these, do they not believe I got these grades at A-level because to be honest my GCSE's were not very good.
    Standard procedure I think. All universities do it once you have firmed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _KilgoreTrout_)
    Standard procedure I think. All universities do it once you have firmed it.
    i havnt firmed it i havnt even got a offer yet

ReputationRep:
    Happened to me last year too. You'll have to phone up the exam boards and tell them to send you a results statement. I don't think they re-print certificates.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)
    I am on my gap year an I did my A-levels last year and got BBC. I am retaking a few modules this year though. I <snip>
    this is a complete no-brainer they need proof of your results so they can give you an UNCONDITIONAL offer should they wish to ...

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    lol :facepalm: all unis do this i swear. i had to take mine with me to my interview and my friends who didnt have interviews for their courses had to take them with them on enrolment.. and i do believe that if you have to take them on enrolment, if you forget them or whatever then the uni wont enrol you until you've shown them the certificates

ReputationRep:
    You have to BUY your results statements. This cost me £80
    Check the exam boards websites.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dairy Milky Chocolate)
    You have to BUY your results statements. This cost me £80
    Check the exam boards websites.
    is the certificates u paid ofr or js thte results slips?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)

i work there and basically its because we dont want you to come because you are a bum

ReputationRep:
    Hang on, if all five of your options want you to send them your certificites, how the crap is that going to work? You're going to have to send it, wait for it to come back, then send it, then get it back, then send it again.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a12)
    is the certificates u paid ofr or js thte results slips?
    The results slips are NOT certificates - they state this very clearly, and also state that the results are provisional. You will need to replace your certificates - not just for now, but for the future - so if I were you I'd get on with it ASAP. Clearly Royal Holloway wish to check your status before considering your application further.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.