Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone else suddenly become neglected by friends and don't know why? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    For some reason recently, my friends have just not included me in anything. I don't expect to be invited to everything but over the last 6 weeks or so, they've not invited me anywhere and when I ask them if they want to do anything they say no or make an excuse. Also as well as this, they are organising a holiday abroad and not including me. Last year, I went on holiday with 4 of these boys and I was the main organiser. Yet this year I'm not asked and my friends are avoiding me in general too.

There have been no arguments, falling's out etc and I've said nothing bad about anyone behind anybody's back but for some reason its like they don't like me anymore. Anyone know why or had this happen to them?

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel, though I don't think they're deliberately neglecting me. I've grown apart from my friends a lot lately, and am missing out on spending time with them because they're only really interested in drinking/clubbing and when I try to arrange anything else it always falls through.

It seems very odd that they've all suddenly turned against you Maybe try having a quiet word with the one you get on with best?

ReputationRep:
    Meh, they won't lose any sleep over it why should you.

ReputationRep:
    I know how you feel ... but have no idea why it's happened! :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xmarilynx)
    I know how you feel, though I don't think they're deliberately neglecting me. I've grown apart from my friends a lot lately, and am missing out on spending time with them because they're only really interested in drinking/clubbing and when I try to arrange anything else it always falls through.

It seems very odd that they've all suddenly turned against you Maybe try having a quiet word with the one you get on with best?
    thats a good idea actually. May try that. By the way, you look really beautiful in your pic

ReputationRep:
    This happens all the bloody time to me. One minute I feel like I'm completely a part of things and the next minute I'm pretty much being ignored.
    They do things on facebook status like "really loves ___ and ___" but completely miss me out. Personally I don't give a rats because they're rubbish friends anyway and putting things like that on facebook is lame. But it's still annoying.

I agree with what someone else put, talk to the one who you're closest to and see if there's anything up with the rest of your group. Or try to organise to do something together. They might not even realise that they're doing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by robofish999)
    thats a good idea actually. May try that. By the way, you look really beautiful in your pic
    I think it's worth a try.
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    This happened to me when all my friends went to uni; I took a forced gap year (bad times). Now all they do is meet up with each other and conveniently forget I exist. One of my friends thought I was ridiculous to take a gap year (she didn't give me a chance to explain that I was too late for Clearing, my firm uni's fault entirely) and so now we aren't speaking.

I know my friends have a whole new network of friends at their unis, but they still seem to leave me out and meet up with everyone else. I'm always the one doing the emailing or texting or asking if we can meet up, but I never get a substantial reply; it's either "I'm swamped with uni work" or "I'm only coming back to see my family this time".

Recently its happened to me too, over the course of a year my 2 closet friends have just abandoned me for no reason...it sucks because honestly I'd rather have had one huge argument with them! because at least I'd have closure and not this 'what did I do wrong?, is my personality really that poor?' dilemma.

its really upsetting putting loads of effort in and getting minimal effort back.

ReputationRep:
    How long have you known them for? Most of the friends I made last year pretty much ditched me but now I have friends who aren't judgemental and fake so it's worked in my favour.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 31, 2010
Poll
Could you cope without Wifi?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.