Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Manchester to Cambridge watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know the best method of doing this?

The shortest and cheapest way I've worked out so far is going by train from Manchester-Leeds-Peterborough-Ely-Cambridge, or I could get the Manchester-London Euston-Kings Cross-Cambridge services, but is there another way that I've not considered here?

ReputationRep:
    Por favor

ReputationRep:
    I know walking would be the cheapest, but may take longer than trains and buses.

ReputationRep:
    Would Manchester-Nottingham-Ely-Cambridge be potentially any quicker?

ReputationRep:
    OP really how much do you think you will save 50p?

ReputationRep:
    What I've done before is take the train from up North (i.e. Manchester) to Milton Keynes and then the bus from Milton Keynes to Cambridge (Stagecoach X5, single from MK to Cambridge is £7.50, runs every 30 minutes) - takes a bit longer (although not much) but might work out cheaper if you can get a cheapish ticket to MK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ttocserp)
    OP really how much do you think you will save 50p?
    I bought the tickets today (Manc-London-Cam) - it was £15-20 cheaper than the other way; quite a significant sum for a student like me!

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.