Turn on thread page Beta

How 'curvy' do I look? (pic) watch

Anon please, though I think couple of people might recognise me :p:

Anyway, I've gained weight a lot recently and it's starting to bug me. as you can see, I have the 'lovehandles' my arms are quite flabby etc.

What form of exercise is good in order to get rid of this?? My height is about 178cm (~5"9)... and I'm not quite sure about my current weight, though I do know my bmi has gone from 19.5 to around 21

don't they allow us to post links :| will try and post the pic again

ReputationRep:
    imageshack.us

tinypic.com

take ur pic

ReputationRep:
    You might just be fat? "lovehandles"?

ReputationRep:
    A bmi of 21 means you are perfect. In fact, 22 is ideal.

Don't bother posting your pic on here. There are plenty who would rip you to shreds just to get kicks from it, with no real justification.

I'm sure you look great!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Get Cape.Wear Cape.Fly.)
    You might just be fat? "lovehandles"?
    Tbh I've seen plenty of skinny people with love handles, not ginormous ones though. They're not just reserved for utter fatties.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by betheliza)

Don't bother posting your pic on here. There are plenty who would rip you to shreds just to get kicks from it, with no real justification.

I'm sure you look great!
    HOW?

how can you know for sure based on that?

she could have low muscle and high fat
    bone density/structure
    she could be very lean and straight

Thanks Adonis
    Cape - I really wanted to say that, but it's either fat/curvy :dontknow:
    Spoiler:
    Show

http://i49.tinypic.com/33o7e42.jpg
    im at a store, didn't notice the dirt on the mirror, so don't comment on that plz :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    HOW?

bone density/structure

so shut up fool
    Ye, BMI is a pretty ****** way of determining if you are overweight or not.. Apparently my girlfriend is overweight, but shes not..

ReputationRep:
    Man, it's tempting to post a picture of a Bézier curve or something... :p:

EDIT: Oh, didn't realise the pic was already in the thread hidden as a spoiler. Daaamn...

ReputationRep:
    what's the grey rectangle for?

ReputationRep:
    you are what I would call 'thick'

which is ghetto for, she looks good curvy. ye you are carrying some muscle/bodyfat but it's not such a bad thing

ReputationRep:

I'm sure you look great!
    this
    bmi is a precise measure that takes every possible aspect of your body into account. using it is far better than any visual judgement to decide how "x" you look.:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Thanks Adonis
    Spoiler:
    Show

im at a store, didn't notice the dirt on the mirror, so don't comment on that plz :p:
    There is absolutely nothing wrong with your figure. You have a lovely figure and are very slim, I don't think you need to do anything.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Adonis
    Spoiler:
    Show

Hey, I didn't mean fat as in severely obese/overweight!! I just mean chubby. Sorry! Anyway, you don't look fat/chubby at all, you look slim. I see curvy as an hourglass shape, but other people see it differently. You look 100% fine

ReputationRep:
    Thanks Adonis
    Spoiler:
    Show

You're not fat. You don't need to lose weight; you look like you have nice curves. Skinny is not good. You look great.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DavidR1991)
    Man, it's tempting to post a picture of a Bézier curve or something... :p:
    yes, that would be hilarious.
    i do believe i would wet myself.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Adonis)
    HOW?

bone density/structure

so shut up fool
    Actually I'm trying to spare her the taunts of idiots like you who get off on making women feel bad about themselves.

For the record, if BMI is calculated correctly, with a small electronic charge that measures fat and bone, it is a very accurate measure of your body fat percentage. I'm not talking about internet calculators here.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by stew1988)
    Ye, BMI is a pretty ****** way of determining if you are overweight or not.. Apparently my girlfriend is overweight, but shes not..
    I'm 6'1-2", weigh 210 and have a BMI of 28.5; 30 is classed as obese, yet I'm not fat in the slightest, workout, do sports, etc. It doesn't take into account muscle, bone density, broadness; it's turd.

ReputationRep:
    Actually I'm trying to spare her the taunts of idiots like you who get off on making women feel bad about themselves.

For the record, if BMI is calculated correctly, with a small electronic charge that measures fat and bone, it is a very accurate measure of your body fat percentage. I'm not talking about internet calculators here.
    Love it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.