Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

90's kids tv programme. HELP :D watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Picnic1)
    I was always more of a CITV fan than a CBBC fan.

Knightmare, T-Bag, Spatz, Press Gang, Fun House, Finders Keepers, Art Attack is a pretty good list of programmes for ITV.

BBC had Rentaghost (bit scary), Tony Hart's art programmes e.g. Hart Beat, SMart and Round the Twist though.
    (Original post by curlywurly91)
    I loved that show! I also used to love El Nombre, funnybones and oakie doke
    It's being repeated on Challenge TV on Sky - weekend mornings I think

Also, how could anyone forget Bodger and badger and Chuckle Brothers?

Also, look at my signature

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tradingmyheartforyours)
    Remember rosie and jim

sooty and sweep

Sooty and sweep was ace!!i remember really wanting my own sooty van!

Me and my brother always wanted to go on Fun House and Finders Keepers!hehe!!

Theres a channel that shows re runs of Fun House!!Amazing!

ReputationRep:
    the demon headmaster was the best.

ReputationRep:
    I love threads like this

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dichr0ic)
    Bump in the night. The main guy was green and lumpy?
    No that wasn't it, ta for trying though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    Whilst I agree that kids shows in 90s were ace, the Moomins scared the **** out of me.
    Anyone else remember 'HOW'? :P actually educational, it was.
    Thank god you said that - I've been trying to get my girlfriend and brother to remember that for ages and they can't! I loved HOW, it was so good. And Astro Farm was wicked too, can still remember the song.

90's kids show were so good weren't they?

ReputationRep:
    Tots TV- " Im a tot, je suis en tot...Tilly, Tom and Tiny"
    Fav episode of all time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lur35xkCTDk

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I'm_Unsafe.)
    :yep: I loved that show too. It had everything!
    Then there was Oakie Doke ->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EbqaxWjIgOg
    Thank god other people remember oakie doke, this was my favourite program but when we was on about kids tv the other no one knew what i meant by it was called something like oakie dokie and it was a man with an acorn for a head who used to come down a slide at the start of the program.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Installation)
    What about the one where someone hoovered ghosts up? It wasn't a cartoon though. And can anyone remember that one with the weird alien (I think it had something to do with water pollution), it was brown - I remember one of the jokes involving someone called Mr Belch or Burp or something similar er... vague description but that's all.
    Ghost hunter and Earth warp?

Anyone else see through the dragons eye? There were an orange, purple and green characters and they had to find yellow cystal things for some reason?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaydiee)
    Tots TV- " Im a tot, je suis en tot...Tilly, Tom and Tiny"
    Fav episode of all time http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lur35xkCTDk
    I LOVED that one
    I used to love when Tilly just went "Oh Tom..." :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    When I was a kid i loved playdays then supermarket sweep (not thats its a kids program)
    Does anyone else remember Mr Moon - at least i think thats what it was called.
    And Polkadot Shorts.
    I dont remember Tots TV, but do remember Art Attack, Rosie & Jim, Sooty & Sweep. Also My Parents are Aliens was great!

ReputationRep:
    I always wanted to play supermarket sweep! :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aliluvschoc)
    Anyone remember the Snorks? :sexface:
    yesss ;D
    and the lampies aha :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bigman_ben)
    Thats going to bug me now cos I know which show you're on about
    Big Kids!!!! Looool Funnay

ReputationRep:
    The Racoons was easily the best.

ReputationRep:
    haha is it bad that i can still remember the trigger word in Big Kids? it was Ming haha. Oakie Doke was bizarre yet amazing. and superted and topcat! hair bear bunch too, they had an invisible motorbike Arthur was also fantastic. oh there's too many to name. and of course simpsons then fresh prince from 6pm on BBC2 lol kids shows these days have nothing on ours

ReputationRep:
    There were so many great shows!

I remember one that was two human-like puppets who lived with a man and woman. The episode that always sticks in my head is one where they go camping and one of them gets very wet when they look at the shower block and the shower starts by mistake. Can never remember the name of it!

ReputationRep:
    I loved most of these - a boy I fancied in year 3 bought me a Funnybones VHS for my birthday and I was smitten - used to watch it all the time! I had a think for foxes too, I think - loved Animals of Farthing Wood and Disney's Robin Hood. And most of the others on here, too.
    Moomins was a treat when I went 'round my Polish friend's house =]
    And El Nombre was win. Forgot about Zzzzap! for ages, but I loved that too. And had one of those compilation vids with Spider in the Bath and the Junglies and Huxley Pig on it. Loved kid's TV when I was little. Wish it was still like that - people say it's not the same because of nostalgia, but I genuinely think the quality has gone down. Too much 3D animation (which is funny, 'cos that's my boyfriend's job!)

There's one that nobody else seems to have heard of when I ask, but it was these floating alien/dinosaur heads in a sort of Flinstones environment. No idea what it was called, but I think I had it on video. Any ideas?

ReputationRep:
    did anyone watch The Busy World of Richard Scarry?

I used to love this(i think it was shown on nikelodeon or something). pretty good show I must say.

I feel all nostalgic reading this thread. :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AidanLunn)
    It's being repeated on Challenge TV on Sky - weekend mornings I think

Also, how could anyone forget Bodger and badger and Chuckle Brothers?

Also, look at my signature
    I know someone who was on Fun House :yep:

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.