Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Discuss any concerns, questions and general chat!

Meet some of the people you may see in lectures (if all goes well!)

Or just generally say how amazed you are that you got in like I am!!! :eek3: :eek3:

ReputationRep:
    finaly, a cambridge thread, not that i didnt think about making it myself but very cool.

ReputationRep:
    Do you think this A* grade is going to affect the intake this year.

They said on the letter I wont get in if I don't get A*AA, and I'm really not confident of getting that anymore (my jan exams went terrribly).

Am I alone with the worry? I know I'm completely undeserving of this offer, and feel completely guilty but I really did think (pre jan exams) I 'd be able to scrape an A* in something.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jazzyyazzy6)

They said on the letter I wont get in if I don't get A*AA, and I'm really not confident of getting that anymore (my jan exams went terrribly).

Am I alone with the worry? I know I'm completely undeserving of this offer, and feel completely guilty but I really did think (pre jan exams) I 'd be able to scrape an A* in something.
    It is a bit stressful this A* business particularly as I only have the cambridge offer but we can always resit in June if our worst fears are realised!!
    Has anyone else got the CRB form - they say they also want a £36 cheque to pay for the check - I thought they paid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Panorama)
    It is a bit stressful this A* business particularly as I only have the cambridge offer but we can always resit in June if our worst fears are realised!!
    Has anyone else got the CRB form - they say they also want a £36 cheque to pay for the check - I thought they paid
    Got mine today. Filled in and ready to post. I'm neurotic about deadlines.

ReputationRep:
    Got mine today. Filled in and ready to post. I'm neurotic about deadlines.
    I'm the opposite - very laid back then a last minute panic looking for the form etc
    I can quite foresee delivering it by hand on the last day of April

ReputationRep:
    I'm probably going to hand in all of my forms (Occupational health, CRB, matriculation details) when I'm in Cambridge during half term.

I'd imagine so - especially as in previous years a large proportion of those made offers had got 90%+ at AS, leaving them a bit of leeway in the A2 exams.

Don't worry too much though - you've got several chances this summer

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering do Cambridge have post offer open days?

ReputationRep:
    I was wondering do Cambridge have post offer open days?
    Not usually, but if you want to go and look round, you can always call up admissions and ask if it's ok for you to come and have an informal snoop. Most porters will let you in if you explain you're a prospective student.

ReputationRep:
    I have just firmed Cambridge and put Nottingham as my insurance. So glad UCAS is finally over and I can concentrate on getting the grades.

I wonder if anyone ever puts Cambridge as their insurance or declines it?

ReputationRep:
    Just wondered if anyone else doesn't have to worry about the A* anymore

ReputationRep:
    I'd have thought this thread would have been a lot more popular than it is.
    Although, most potential cambridgers would probably be revising to get the dreaded A* grades.. lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sidrah)
    I'd have thought this thread would have been a lot more popular than it is.
    Although, most potential cambridgers would probably be revising to get the dreaded A* grades.. lol
    Hi - I thought this thread would be more popular too - have seen some medics on the cambridge offer holders thread.
    I'm really lucky in that I managed an A* in my maths in the January exams and now I 've 'only' got to get As in Biology and Chemistry. I've only got 3 exams in June, near the end,iso I am finding it a bit difficult to settle down to any work. My sister has ASs in June and my abnormal lack of revising is rubbing off on her as well Also I have the most adorable 2 year old sister and she likes nothing better than to be dressed up and played with all the time.
    Good luck with the exams - hope to see you in October

ReputationRep:
    Hi - I thought this thread would be more popular too - have seen some medics on the cambridge offer holders thread.
    I'm really lucky in that I managed an A* in my maths in the January exams and now I 've 'only' got to get As in Biology and Chemistry. I've only got 3 exams in June, near the end,iso I am finding it a bit difficult to settle down to any work. My sister has ASs in June and my abnormal lack of revising is rubbing off on her as well Also I have the most adorable 2 year old sister and she likes nothing better than to be dressed up and played with all the time.
    Good luck with the exams - hope to see you in October
    Yeah, the offer holder's thread is a bit too popular, becomes hard to keep track.. lol
    And wow, congratulations on that!
    I managed to mess up in January in maths, but I didn't sit C4 then anyway, so hopefully it'll work out ok in June.
    And I've got 6 exams in June.. woo(!)
    Getting As requires ridiculous grades like Ds in June for me, its the A*s that'll be the death of me..
    Aww, I know, motivation is hard to come by...
    Good luck to you too and not that long now until Cambridge...

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear lord, I just realized today that I haven't sent off that form to the occupational health service, the one about vacinnations etc that was suppose to be sent to them by the 28th march :-O... I'm sending it off right now, do any of you know if that'll affect my offer in any way? Thanks for any help! :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NemoII)
    Oh dear lord, I just realized today that I haven't sent off that form to the occupational health service, the one about vacinnations etc that was suppose to be sent to them by the 28th march :-O... I'm sending it off right now, do any of you know if that'll affect my offer in any way? Thanks for any help! :-)
    I shouldn't think that would be too much of a problem as it is just for them not an outside agency like with the CRB form. I'd phone them up just to let them know the situation. I have always found them really friendly - had some problems with my CRB documents and they phoned home and were really nice.
    All the best

ReputationRep:
    I've been having fun this week trying to apply for student finance online. It must pay for itself because you have to phone them so often on the 0845 number. I have finally managed to send my bit off but it still doesn't want to link me with my dad's bit. They told us to keep trying until June!!
    Now I just need my final hepatitis jab - and the grades

ReputationRep:
    So close yet so far away. :emo:

Oh well Kings :jive:

:getmecoat:

ReputationRep:
    I know this question must have been asked like a million times on this thread but what GCSE grades do most successful Cambridge applicants get? I'm hoping for 7A*'s and 4A's. Is that below average for an Cambridge student? On an other thread, they said that it was slightly below average for Oxford. What about Cambridge?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TurkeyMCB)
    I know this question must have been asked like a million times on this thread but what GCSE grades do most successful Cambridge applicants get? I'm hoping for 7A*'s and 4A's. Is that below average for an Cambridge student? On an other thread, they said that it was slightly below average for Oxford. What about Cambridge?
    Don't really know but i got an offer with 9A* and 2As
    Look at the medics profiles thread

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brexit voters: Do you stand by your vote?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.