Turn on thread page Beta

What can a single girl like me do on Valentines Day? watch

ReputationRep:
    Should I go out with friends? Arrange for one of my friends to set me up with a guy? Or just stay home depressed?

Urgh. Bad times.

ReputationRep:
    Take me out on a date* :sexface:

*Only if you're good looking.

ReputationRep:
    Have a date with Ben and Jerry

ReputationRep:
    Tea + Biscuits + Blanket + Sad Film + Tissues

ReputationRep:
    Take your single girl mates out on the town, find some single guys and get some drinks bought for you.

ReputationRep:
    Rabbit.

ReputationRep:
    I always used to go to the cinema with my single friends, then go home and have a sleepover with a tub of Ben and Jerrys or go out and have a cocktail evening.
    Actually, I do have a boyfriend this year but I'm still watching Bridget Jones and He's Just Not That Into You with my friends, a pint or so of Phish Food and some Galaxy. Oh riiiiiight

Attempt to treat it like any other day :yes: If you go out of your way to do something unusual to take your mind off it, somewhat paradoxically it'll just remind you that it's Valentine's day, you're single.. etc. etc.

ReputationRep:
    I'm stay home bored lol

ReputationRep:
    If you think it's bad for you, think of the ugly folk over here. :hi:

ReputationRep:
    Is it only girls who care about Valentine's Day?

ReputationRep:
    go out with all your single friends and watch valentines day that movie looks good :P

ReputationRep:
    I hate valentines day... then again, I did even when I was in a relationship. But on the plus side, I'm happier single than I was in an unhappy relationship so I'm looking forward not backwards!

ReputationRep:
    Do what I'm doing!

Get excited that it'll only be 4 weeks til the new F1 season begins! :woo:

edit: Of course, there is the other option, which would be me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spasmos)
    Take your single girl mates out on the town, find some single guys and get some drinks bought for you.
    Why is it never the other way round!

ReputationRep:
    Dress up nice and go out with friends. Make it easier for us single guys to find you, and then maybe neither of us will spend next Valentines alone

ReputationRep:
    What you do everyday it's an artificial holiday.

ReputationRep:
    If it really bothers you, definitely don't stay home alone, that'll just be depressing! Round up your single friends for a movie + junkfest at home, or go out clubbing, dance with hot men etc.

ReputationRep:
    You could get your freak on :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    It's also Chinese New Year on Valentine's Day!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.