Turn on thread page Beta

What can a single girl like me do on Valentines Day? watch

ReputationRep:
    Valentine's Day isn't that special - be thankful you don't have to waste your money on a present and receive some crap teddy bear in return. If seeing couples around depresses you, don't go out. Have some friends over and have a nice night in.

ReputationRep:
    Acquire a cardboard cut out of your celebrity male infatuation and watch a film together on the sofa. It's almost like the real thing.

ReputationRep:
    Be valentines with one of your best friends..spend the day together, go out to eat somewhere delicious, see a film, do whatever you love doing together whilst referring to each other as 'my valentine'. I did this once, it was honestly much better than the last two years where I've actually been going out with someone.

I'll probably be single this V-day too, gonna spend the day with a friend again.

ReputationRep:
    I have parties lined up for that weekend - easy to forget your singledom when you're getting wasted with numerous friends.

ReputationRep:
    Have a pampering night in...
    Give yourself a pedicure, manicure, facemasks, long bath etc.
    treat yourself to your favourite foods
    Watch your favourite movies

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxcs)
    Be valentines with one of your best friends..spend the day together, go out to eat somewhere delicious, see a film, do whatever you love doing together whilst referring to each other as 'my valentine'. I did this once, it was honestly much better than the last two years where I've actually been going out with someone.

I'll probably be single this V-day too, gonna spend the day with a friend again.
    thats a cute idea

ReputationRep:
    IT'S NOT EVEN FREAKING FEBURARY YET, what's all this girl talk about V Day!!!!!!!
    Making me feel like, I'm suppose to perform magic tricks with my gf on that day.

ReputationRep:
    Whats the big deal with valentines...its just a man-made holiday that means nothing! Just do what you'd normally do..its not a huge deal having no-one to spend it with...i mean, if you do have someone, then great, but if you dont, just pretend its another normal day!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Skadoosh)
    Is it only girls who care about Valentine's Day?
    Yes :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Make a playlist of songs about hatred/anger/general anti-love-ness, blast it out and celebrate Anti Valentine's Day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingshoes10)
    Should I go out with friends? Arrange for one of my friends to set me up with a guy? Or just stay home depressed?

Urgh. Bad times.
    spend the day writhing in ecstasy, if you know what i mean

give yourself some love

ReputationRep:
    Given that you are single, how about, just treating it as a normal day??

ReputationRep:
    Valentine's Day sucks, even if you're not single :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Find a guy you like and ask them for a date! They're unlikely to say no since nobody wants to be alone on Valentine's Day!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Cap'n)
    Alcohol, Firefly, and partial nudity? Sounds like a winner.

...Can I join you?

:p:
    The more the merrier. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Artymess)
    Phish Food is amazing! :yep: but half baked comes a close second

more on topic, um yeh you've still a couple of weeks to find someone
    Or Haagen Daaz smoothies mmmmmmmmmm.
    I would advise NOT getting a boyfriend for the sake of Valentine's day though, since it's the most rubbish holiday of the year

ReputationRep:
    Be happy you don't have to take part in this materialistic holiday producers use to ram products down consumers throats

ReputationRep:
    Well I'm going out clubbing with my fellow single friends and plan on getting very drunk and just getting off with them instead

Why do people make such a big deal about valentines? Its a day like any other day, which means you don't have to do anything special on it. Just do what you'd do on any other day. Perhaps even go to sleep early considering its a Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    all my friends are busy that weekend, boo >.< I wanted to hang out and watch girly films! Ah well, pamper weekend it is

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.