Turn on thread page Beta

What can a single girl like me do on Valentines Day? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just do whatever you'd do on a normal day. If you don't have a bf/gf it doesn't really matter does it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomesauce)
    Don't see anything special about valentines day... though i don't see anything special about my birthday, or christmas either...

Last time I did something social was over 3 Months ago, and last time i talked to a girl properly was over 1 year ago, and that was small talk.
    Social-rejects unite!!
    Nothing wrong with being a social reject

ReputationRep:
    Or just celebrate being single? I sure will be

ReputationRep:
    Go Skiing!
    I did it last year and I'm doing it this year, you completley forget about it!

ReputationRep:
    Do the same thing that normal people who don't celebrate such a moronic hallmark holiday do. Nothing. Its not different from any other day except for the fact cards, chocolates, flowers and jewellery are advertised everywhere for men to buy their gfs/wives to prove their love. Oh how romantic.

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*)
    Whats the big deal with valentines...its just a man-made holiday that means nothing! Just do what you'd normally do..its not a huge deal having no-one to spend it with...i mean, if you do have someone, then great, but if you dont, just pretend its another normal day!!
    Surely all holidays are man made?

ReputationRep:
    If it bothers you that much, go out with your friends and take your mind off it. Tho I don't see why it does. Valentine's Day has got to be the worst, most cynical excuse for a "celebration" ever (although all holidays/celebrations are increasingly cynical). It doesn't really mean anything. It's just another day, OP. Don't sweat it :p:

ReputationRep:
    Masturbate.

ReputationRep:
    Prostitute yourself :p: only joking

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *GoLdSeQuIn*)
    Whats the big deal with valentines...its just a man-made holiday that means nothing! Just do what you'd normally do..its not a huge deal having no-one to spend it with...i mean, if you do have someone, then great, but if you dont, just pretend its another normal day!!
    It is another normal day. :proud:.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dancingshoes10)
    Should I go out with friends? Arrange for one of my friends to set me up with a guy? Or just stay home depressed?

Urgh. Bad times.

Meh do i what i did last year and will probz do this year

bottle of vodka, ferrero rocher, bridget jones films (both) and a pizza

you'll be sorted

ReputationRep:
    How about get a grip? It's just one stinking day where you are FORCED literally my advertisments to shell out monies for the one you love!

ReputationRep:
    Depending on your age-On Valentines day, the rugby is on....6 Nations.

And rugby means......MEN! Single men that are not spending their evening with a girl, but are out with the lads to watch the game. ;-D

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackmileshunt)
    Given that you are single, how about, just treating it as a normal day??
    That would be like being Jewish at Christmas..everyone around you embracing the occasion and enjoying themselves (not that there's anything wrong with being Jewish, of course, just that they don't traditionally celebrate the holiday). At least make it special and have fun with people, even if you aren't doing the conventional V-day plans!

ReputationRep:
    Go to your local shops and burn down all the V-Day gifts and cards in sight. Then shoot all those lovey-dovey couples in the face while you're at it, so you don't have to see them snogging. Hmm, that's what I might do actually :awesome:

Spoiler:
    Show
    I hope you know I am kidding, lol. Watch the new Valentine's Day film, looks pretty funny and feelgood. And lighten up, being single's OK, just know that it won't be that way forever

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Take me out on a date* :sexface:

*Only if you're good looking.
    I would rep you for making me LOL but mine's gone for the day.

ReputationRep:
    or... we could have a TSR Singles Society meet?
    I proli wont be coming as I'm not a member but... seems like a good idea to me

ReputationRep:
    Never seen the point in the day in all honesty, it's just another commercial day where people are dragged in to buying stupid gifts.

I've never treated the day as anything but an average day in all honesty, though I've never been with anyone either so I don't know how that would affect things.

Looking at the calendar it falls on a Sunday, so I'll probably spend it lying around watching TV and films like any other Sunday.

ReputationRep:
    You could not care about a meaningless artificial holiday engineered to line the pockets of corporate fatcats.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.