Turn on thread page Beta

What can a single girl like me do on Valentines Day? watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by puma21)
    What you do everyday it's an artificial holiday.
    thats just what single people say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouKat)
    No it isn't. Neither me nor my boyfriend believe in it, so why would we celebrate it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by missimpossible)
    No it isn't. Neither me nor my boyfriend believe in it, so why would we celebrate it?
    bummer.

well i'll enjoy my chocolate and flowers all the same

ReputationRep:
    bummer.

well i'll enjoy my chocolate and flowers all the same
    Hey, I recommend you do :p: chocolate is always to be enjoyed (tho I don't like being given flowers... actually I think I'm a bit of a weird case.) I just don't see the need, myself. We're happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomesauce)
    Oh, really:eek:
    Lets form a society.
    But if we form a society then we're technically not rejects anymore... and i like being a social reject, it goes well with my anti social nature

ReputationRep:
    :rolleyes:
    Oh really?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by The Procrastinator)
    How about get a grip? It's just one stinking day where you are FORCED literally my advertisments to shell out monies for the one you love!
    Agree, Its just another commericail use to spend your money on rubbish things, just like xmas and birthdays tbh.

ReputationRep:
    I'm working... all day

thank god.

ReputationRep:
    Or its what people who aren't completely materialistic say.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxcs)
    That would be like being Jewish at Christmas..everyone around you embracing the occasion and enjoying themselves (not that there's anything wrong with being Jewish, of course, just that they don't traditionally celebrate the holiday). At least make it special and have fun with people, even if you aren't doing the conventional V-day plans!
    But if you are single its not really an occasion; its a thing for couples, surely?

ReputationRep:
    I'll be treating it like every other sunday when my flatmate goes to see her boyfriend.

Sleep in till midday, sit around in pyjamas for the rest of the day watching Torchwood/Dr Who/any sort of film and generally surfing the internet. Ben and Jerry might be invited, depending on how much I have to pay for them. As long as I don't go out, I can't see any happy couples that make me want to cry/puke/scream.

Only on Valentines Day do I feel like this. Strange. I even felt like this a couple of years back when I did have a boyfriend, I was in such a foul mood, he didn't even bother coming over! Even stranger.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jackmileshunt)
    But if you are single its not really an occasion; its a thing for couples, surely?
    You can make it an occasion by taking advantage of V-day-specific exclusivities, ie. gorgeous heart-shaped stationary, heart-shaped marshmallows in the shops, 2-for-1 deals in restaurants with a friend..make it what you want, it doesn't have to be all about couples being in love, I just like to spend it with a person/people I think are awesome.

Also since breaking up with my boyfriend, I've realised all the great things about being single..like spending Valentine's day with whoever I want!

ReputationRep:
    According to Bulgarians ( and I believe the Orthodox Church), the 14th of February is a day in honor of Saint Tryphon - you drink loads of wine, have fun with friends, hope that the wine next year would be as awesome as it can be. And other stuff, but you can find that in Google.

Or

Don't care? Its just a normal day.

At the end, its a day where a girl and a guy got married thx to a church guy and is largely exploited.

ReputationRep:
    Find a cheesy disco, put your handbag in the middle of the floor, and dance around it to I Will Survive*

*Thanks for the idea, Marian Keyes

ReputationRep:
    find happy relationships to ruin

ReputationRep:
    if you live near London, the Chinese New Year celebrations around trafalgar square/leicster square are on Feb 14th that's what I'm doing.
    Also Boys like Girls are playing at the HMV Next Big Thing gig that night wish I could do but I am going to the one the night before.

ReputationRep:
    Go out. I know I am. I hate happy couples. They make me sick.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mikeyd85)
    Do what I'm doing!

Get excited that it'll only be 4 weeks til the new F1 season begins! :woo:
    Only possible option! :woo: - repped for that!

Seems I'll be spending Valentine's alone again this year too. I did think I might have a girlfriend over Valentine's for once, but she finished it sunday - and now I've found out she's gone off with some other lad behind my back and got with him instead, so maybe not... (I only bought all her presents saturday as well, b****!)

However, after this experience, I think I'll be quite glad to spend Valentine's Day single this year rather than wasting it with her haha.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mxcs)
    You can make it an occasion by taking advantage of V-day-specific exclusivities, ie. gorgeous heart-shaped stationary, heart-shaped marshmallows in the shops, 2-for-1 deals in restaurants with a friend..make it what you want, it doesn't have to be all about couples being in love, I just like to spend it with a person/people I think are awesome.

Also since breaking up with my boyfriend, I've realised all the great things about being single..like spending Valentine's day with whoever I want!
    Fair play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Awesomesauce)
    What? You enjoy being looked down by everyone? Ummm.... lets not make a society.

Note: I'm not anti social, i'm a social reject. Getting bullied, and not having any female friends is not fun for me.
    I never said i enjoyed... but im used to it, being looked down upon is an everyday occurrence but the bullying for me at least has stopped, thank god for slightly more mature people in uni.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.