Turn on thread page Beta

Quick! Recipe ideas including: watch

ReputationRep:
    A main meal which includes chicken (mini fillets/ similar) and sweet potato

I really fancy both and we have them! Cooking for my parents and have most basic ingredients and will happily buy anything else

Rep for exciting ideas! GO!! :p:

ReputationRep:
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Slow-Co...en/Detail.aspx
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Spicy-C...ew/Detail.aspx
    http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/White-W...up/Detail.aspx

ReputationRep:
    Sweet potato mash with chicken and veg would be both quick and easy.
    Or perhaps you could cut the sweet potato up in cubes along with any other veg and then roast it, I love roasted sweet potato then you could have roast chicken with it. You could make the chicken all herby too.

ReputationRep:
    Roast veggies, with the chicken cooked with paprika and some other bits and bobs, I say

ReputationRep:
    Just realised this was from last night, but I'd already typed it, so might as well post it for anyone else that wants to cook some chicken.

Mush up a spoonful of wholegrain mustard, with some grated cheese and a little bit of milk.
    Put the chicken in some kind of ovenproof dish/tray, and squish the cheese/mustard mixture on top of it.
    Cook in the oven for about half an hour. (Until chicken is cooked through, and cheese is starting to brown)

Serve with sweet potato (mashed or roasted) and something green (brocolli?)

ReputationRep:
    My favourite is to have strips of mozzarella on the chicken then wrap it in bacon and cook on the george foreman serve with sweet potatoe and any other veg

Or cook in lemon juice and thyme

ReputationRep:
    Oooooh i had thsi the other night;

Chicken stuffed with cherry tomatoes and mozzarella (i also put some redcurrant jelly in there) and scatter with rosmary. Bung it in the oven for 20 to 30 minutes. For the sweet potato i turned them into "hot crash potatoes". Chop them into chunky discs and boil for about 5 to 10 minutes (so they are starting to get soft) then pop into a baking tray. Drizzle with oil. In a bowl put in 1.5 TBLS of brown sugar 1TSP of chilli powder 1TSP of cumin 1TSP of paprika 1TSP of salt (rock if you have it) 1/2 TSP of garlic powder and a generous amount of ground black pepper. Mix that all really well, scatter on the potatoes and then bake for half an hour. Serve with salad!

ReputationRep:
    I write it on every thread lol, but Hunters Chicken is gorgeous! Cook the chicken, wrapped in bacon. When it's cooked, add cheese and BBQ sauce and put it back in the oven for 5 mins. Serve with the sweet potatoes and veg

Or, chicken casserole, with a side of sweet potato mash (or chop the potatoes up and add them in the casserole)
    Or, sheperds pie, but with chicken in stead of mince with sweet potato mashed on top.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.