Turn on thread page Beta

Only Girls: What would you think if i happened to do this...to you? watch

ReputationRep:
    I see a girl walking towards me going back to their accommodation and I am walking towards to the university campus, at a distance they see me 'good looking guy', they pop their head down, as soon as we walk past each other. She pops her head up and looks at me and gives me a smile, I, on other hand, did not see it and expected it whilst minding my own business so in return, i did not smile back or did i look, i just continued forward minding my own business. This was not on purpose.

If you were in her shoes, saw a good looking guy, your type and you gave a smile but he did not notice. How would you feel besides being look like a fool because he didn't notice.

Thanks girls

...? I'd continue about with my own business?

ReputationRep:
    Only girls?

Sexist :mad:

How do you know that she looked at you and smiled if you wern't looking? If you saw her looking at you and smiling, then she saw you seeing her...

ReputationRep:
    i would probably think you were a bit cold

ReputationRep:
    i would probably think you were a bit cold

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.
    I wouldn't let it bother me, but if it happened again, then I would forget about getting your attention.
    Next time she passes you, smile at her first
    x

ReputationRep:
    I would assume you were preoccupied?! It's no big deal with a stranger.

ReputationRep:
    Be a bit upset and if yousaw me chances are I saw you. So I'd feel a bit rejected you didn't smile back. What's worse.. Is I started talking to a guy saying hi asking him how he was etc first time I had done this and he didn't hear me so I looked like I was talking to myself LOL! That did hurt. ♥

ReputationRep:
    well if you know she smiled then you did see it and so should have replied with a smile. But to answer your question, I would think you were lost in your own world if it seemed like you didn't notice the smile and so wouldn't really care. But if I thought you saw the smile and ignored it I would think 'well he's not my type so why bother' :P

ReputationRep:
    first of all, your ego appears to be overinflated.

ReputationRep:
    Erm... does it matter? Sometimes I really wonder what some people would do when faced with actual problems.

ReputationRep:
    If I don't know you, why would that bother me at all? I often smile at strangers - if they didn't smile back, it genuinely would not affect my day whatsoever except for me maybe thinking the whole world could do with some hugs.

ReputationRep:
    It wouldn't bother me too much, i'd just think you weren't very friendly then go on with my day.......I wouldn't lose sleep or anything over an unreturned smile......

ReputationRep:
    First I'd feel self conscious and stupid for you clearly acknowledging my smile, then i'd probably decide you were just being ignorant.

ReputationRep:
    I'd find where you live and hunt you down in the night. :rant:
    You better keep looking over your shoulder now. :console:

Seriously, I'd think you were not interested or just didn't see me, and perhaps keep an eye out for you again.

ReputationRep:
    Pops her head up? What was it in a bag or something?

ReputationRep:
    What a predicament. No, really.

ReputationRep:
    If you didn't notice in the first place how do you know now?

ReputationRep:
    Some interesting replies, just to clear some issues concerning this situation. The fact i did not turn my head and directly look at her, the corner of eye saw that she took the effort to lift her head up and turn her head and smile at me. I on other hand did not expect such a thing to happen.

Yes, she was a stranger, i would defintely notice and smile if it was a friend, i'm very friendly.

sorry, didn't mean to sound sexist but this situation, a girl was smiling at me so in this situation, would like a girl's opinion. No hard feelings?

Reason why i mind my own business is because

1) Many guys outside are giving guys a bad rep, i mean, majority of girls are disliking the unwanted attention from guys, well you could creepy guys and how would i know if a guy is creepy? Any guy can be a creep.

Hence the solution for me is mind my own business, surely doing that isn't wrong?

But yeah once again, i appreciate you girls taking your time to reply if such thing would have happened to you

ReputationRep:
    i'd kill myself

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.