Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have a job 'briefing session', where 'I will be given information about the job's role and the opportunity to apply for it if I am interested' on Thursday.

I was thinking that I should wear a shirt and tie with trousers, even though it doesn't say it is an interview. What would you guys advise?

ReputationRep:
    Suit Up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laertes)
    Suit Up!
    Wouldn't a suit be a bit too much?

ReputationRep:
    I'd go with a suit and then you can always take the jacket off if you feel that it is overkill. It's always a good idea to look smart.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    When in doubt, Suit Up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sandeep90)
    If in doubt, wear a suit.

Better to be too smart than too casual. Plus a suit is pretty much expected before you've been made a job offer or unless otherwise specified.

ReputationRep:
    Have you seen all the people on dragons den cry because they got shouted at for not suiting up?

ReputationRep:
    Whats the job?
    Personally I only wear a suit if it's a necessity otherwise it's just overkill...

I would usually wear black trousers, brown/black dress shoes and then a cream/white shirt under a black v neck. It's simple and smart and can pretty much be fit for most occasions.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fox_the_fix)
    Whats the job?
    Personally I only wear a suit if it's a necessity otherwise it's just overkill...

I would usually wear black trousers, brown/black dress shoes and then a cream/white shirt under a black v neck. It's simple and smart and can pretty much be fit for most occasions.
    Wrong.

(Original post by Wesssty)
    Have you seen all the people on dragons den cry because they got shouted at for not suiting up?
    Winner.

(Original post by paddy)

Better to be too smart than too casual. Plus a suit is pretty much expected before you've been made a job offer or unless otherwise specified.
    Winner.

Always, Suit Up!

ReputationRep:
    Wrong.

Winner.

Winner.

Always, Suit Up!
    Have you watched How I Met Your Mother recently? :curious:

ReputationRep:
    Wrong.
    lol ok Gok.

ReputationRep:
    lol ok Gok.
    I actually bumped into Gok Wan (i.e. literally, I was exiting a Starbucks as he was entering) the other day. Thought he was an ugly woman at first :indiff:

Also his name is an anagram for Go Wank :sogood:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    I actually bumped into Gok Wan (i.e. literally, I was exiting a Starbucks as he was entering) the other day. Thought he was an ugly woman at first :indiff:

Also his name is an anagram for Go Wank :sogood:
    I wouldn't know what to do if I met gok.
    I should probably chat him up for the lulz :yeah:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)

Looks like I'm suiting up then :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by paddy)
    Have you watched How I Met Your Mother recently? :curious:
    Yes :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    Whats the job?

I agree with this.

ReputationRep:
    Yes :sigh:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7jEIcxcdS8

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.