Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    AQA bio sounds like stats....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilyusha)
    Why would this be a reason for anyone to miss their offer? Surely if you do badly you can just resit in June. Some schools (including mine) don't let you do any modules in january at all, you'd just be in the same position as us
    It's not our fault if your school is too poor enough to pay for their students to sit January modules. Tough luck, move to a school that does do this policy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    I don't disagree, I was told about the OCR paper.

It's just with ours (which may be true about yours), you could have gone to Pakistan all year, chilled all day, smoked some cheap weed, put your feet up (you would probably want to do this elsewhere than Pakistan) but yeah...and you would have got the same mark as you will get come March 11th.

It was just totally random irrelevant stuff apart from question 8 which was cool.

Also, "you will not be tested on Spearman's rank for examination purposes." is published on Page 9 of the AQA A2 Textbook...there was a question on interpretation of Spearman's rank.

:lolwut:
    MJ, if I had a list of "people I most want to smoke a joint of cheap weed with", you would be very, very close to the top.

Just thought you should know that :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    See sig. :shifty:
    Ah ha, I've been looking for a scan of the paper simply to laugh at the page again :p: I almost started giggling in the exam.

If it weren't for the species name, that page could straight out a Key Stage 2 SATs paper.

(Original post by HotCoco.)
    I want to see the paper!
    http://www.docshare.com/doc/203893/AQA-BIOL4

ReputationRep:
    I don't do A-level biology, but everyone in my year was complaining about how it was mainly 'how science works', I'd have loved it in that case - at GCSE I was the only one who liked those sorts of questions, but I really did. They aren't just memorising facts which I was bad at, but applying information so I liked them. I understand why everyone's annoyed though, it sounds like it wasn't a very good paper at all.

ReputationRep:
    I thought the exam was alright....

But lol at hair tube index and faunagooo

and yes, the lack of actual biology was a touch annoying...but I don't expect anything different nowadays

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotCoco.)
    I want to see the paper!
    Here:

http://hotfile.com/dl/25760353/b52e505/BIOL4.doc.html

ReputationRep:
    There was a girl who basically cried all the way through the exam. Don't really blame her tbh the exam was horrible :/

ReputationRep:
    Wow, I thought the OCR Biology was bad, I didn't think AQA Biology would make it on to the news lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *MJ*)
    Read above, especially the Spearman's rank thing, isn't that out of order?

Also, I didn't do it but people who re-sat last year's BIOL2 said there was a mistake on the graph and that was complained about too.

:eek4:
    Ok I looked at the facebook page and stuff, it is a bit of a joke. OCR are equally *****ish, read my post about a GCSE Biology paper with an incorrect mark scheme http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...r#post23143517

ReputationRep:
    here is a quote from AQA spokeswomen:

"In order to support centres and candidates, we publish detailed specifications which set out the subject content and the assessment objectives which will be used to assess candidates' skills. We also publish specimen question papers and other support material and run national support meetings."

source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/8480563.stm

I don't do AQA, but i think this is downright insulting to all the students who have found the paper hard and irrelevant to the new specification.

what do you think?

ReputationRep:
    I think it is far more likely that the students F'ud up than the exam board...

ReputationRep:
    http://s135-a.hotfile.com/get/9ffc5a...f1/0/BIOL4.doc

This is the paper we sat on Monday 2010 [AQA]

ReputationRep:
    i want to see the paper.... some1 help??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AmitYiddo)
    i finished A Levels n got AAA in chem BIO maths.... I wanna see this paper to see what all this fuss is about..... link plz anyone???

hey, amohamed146 has it

ReputationRep:
    Having just read the AQA paper, I'll concede that it was infact even worse than the OCR one. But not by much! You had shrews, we had seals, either way it's the same old ********.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sakujo)
    See sig. :shifty:
    did you take that picture in your sig during the exam :eek3:

how?

ReputationRep:
    Geese, Daffodils and Shrews... Nothing on inheritance, Krebs or Calvin cycle... So the six months we learnt it all, was pretty much a waste. Nice one AQA:eek:

ReputationRep:
    Can I just ask you not to link the facebook group, however annoying this is it breaks a few TSR rules so we can't allow it. Also I've made one thread on this with a pretty colour as I sense it's going to be very popular :p:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 22, 2011
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.