The Student Room Group

Does she 'fancy' me?

well....as i'm sure you have figured out, i can;t tell if a girl likes me..

i have grown very attracted to her but i can't tell if its mutual therefore am scared to make a move on it

the only hints i have gotten that i would think it is a possibility is a few things; firstly whenever we are with each other she makes jokes about being together like, 'lets not get into the friend zone yet just in case' when we are talking about not being able to get into relationships when you are friend zoned. then talking about how her friend was asking her if he was getting in the way of me and her and telling me she replied with no or maybe i don't know' she makes a lot of comments like this but always says shes joking or laughs after it but it's quite frequent which makes me wonder

she also always texts me or we have some form of contact everyday reaching prob 20 texts from each every days or something to that extent.

we will stay up until 8 in the morning just chatting

she will mess around with me asking if i have checked out her ass yet and things like that

i'm scared of horror films and she always offers to come over and watch them with me if i want to

we tend to have a lot of contact even if its play fighting a lot of the time its unnecessary

so all i'm asking is what you wonderful TSR people think and how to approach finding out discreetly without embarrassment or burning bridges with the friendship

Scroll to see replies

she is wet for you.
Reply 2
lol interesting way of putting it :P how would you approach it then to make sure the feelings were mutual
I wouldn't try and force it, just let things flow naturally and see where they go. If you feel like you are about to kiss, just kiss her, it seems like the feelings are mutual. Unless you aren't sure about how you feel. She seems, from what you've told us, to be attracted to you.

If it makes you feel any better, me and my best friend of seven years just got together. :smile: Weird thing is neither of us expected it to happen...

(Anon as we are not telling our friends just yet, and some of them use this site. They might freak out. A lot.)
Reply 4
Anonymous
I wouldn't try and force it, just let things flow naturally and see where they go. If you feel like you are about to kiss, just kiss her, it seems like the feelings are mutual. Unless you aren't sure about how you feel. She seems, from what you've told us, to be attracted to you.

If it makes you feel any better, me and my best friend of seven years just got together. :smile: Weird thing is neither of us expected it to happen...

(Anon as we are not telling our friends just yet, and some of them use this site. They might freak out. A lot.)

thanks so much thats actually really helpful :biggrin:
Anonymous and Girl, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!
There ain't no love like lesbian love :wink2:
Reply 7
Playboy King

lol there sure ain't :wink: haha
Reply 8
Totally hit that :yep:
Emily2402
lol interesting way of putting it :P how would you approach it then to make sure the feelings were mutual

Yeh, the whole let it flow things seems good.
Have you got any parties or events coming up that you would both be going too? Normally the best oppurtunity to see if there is anything there...
Reply 10
Anonymous

LoL, **** advice, dont listen to him/her or you'll end up being this girls best friend for 7 years before you get in there.

make your move, or neither of you ever will and you WILL get caught in the friend zone.

dont listen to my advice at your peril...

oh yeah and by making your move, do what seems best, but REALLY OVERLY hinting that you like her is a good way coz if she responds then you know your in there and if she doesnt your off the hook, and u can get out without looking like a dickhead.

safe :cool:
RainbowDrops
Anonymous and Girl, sitting in a tree, K-I-S-S-I-N-G!

Sorry, the OP isn't my type- I'm straight. Good luck to the OP though. :smile:

At least the OP isn't in the friendzone! Apparently, it has taken me and my best friend 7 years to get out. Not fun.

My mates will freak out as we are BEST friends- not many people are closer to each other in our group than we are.

And, they said we should get together when we first met, which we both thought was a bad idea. Now we've gone and proven them right. Arrgh! They'll be like "I told you so!" for months. :rolleyes:
Reply 12
JammyDodger4
Yeh, the whole let it flow things seems good.
Have you got any parties or events coming up that you would both be going too? Normally the best oppurtunity to see if there is anything there...

not really, i mean we went out saturday night which is where i got to meet all of her friends, and this is where i have started to think it is maybe a mutual feeling as she was saying things about relationships to me jokingly, then her male mate started coming onto me (prob didnt realize i was gay lol) he started stroking my back then putting his hand up my shirt, and when i told her, she seemed really interested by exactly what he was doing by doing the same thing to me herself in this club. And this is where she told me that the same guy asked her if he was getting in the way of the two of us and she told me she told him no but then turned to me and said well maybe who knows then kinda trailed off with the sentence
Reply 13
Shesssssss onnn itt =) lool
teh_killer
LoL, **** advice, dont listen to him/her or you'll end up being this girls best friend for 7 years before you get in there.

make your move, or neither of you ever will and you WILL get caught in the friend zone.

dont listen to my advice at your peril...

oh yeah and by making your move, do what seems best, but REALLY OVERLY hinting that you like her is a good way coz if she responds then you know your in there and if she doesnt your off the hook, and u can get out without looking like a dickhead.

safe :cool:

Oh, I completely agree, outrageous flirting is so allowed! I kinda meant this, I just didn't want to give her specific move making advice, as that is something that she should really work out for herself.

I just meant don't try to force a kiss- this always backfires.

Make a move, just don't force it if it's unnatural, i.e. if she is giving you signs which indicate the contrary.
Emily2402
not really, i mean we went out saturday night which is where i got to meet all of her friends, and this is where i have started to think it is maybe a mutual feeling as she was saying things about relationships to me jokingly, then her male mate started coming onto me (prob didnt realize i was gay lol) he started stroking my back then putting his hand up my shirt, and when i told her, she seemed really interested by exactly what he was doing by doing the same thing to me herself in this club. And this is where she told me that the same guy asked her if he was getting in the way of the two of us and she told me she told him no but then turned to me and said well maybe who knows then kinda trailed off with the sentence

Go for it I say.
If you do nothing you will look back in a couple of months and realise that she does like you. All the signs seem to be there.
Get stuck in.
She blates fancies you! Go for it.
Reply 17
Playboy King

Because boys like you just ain't good enough :p:
Reply 18
nellydee
Because boys like you just ain't good enough :p:

haha nice one, but i'm afraid its true hehe
Reply 19
All of the things you've mentioned suggests she does... I say go for it!

She's flirting with you; do you flirt back with her?

Latest

Trending

Trending