Turn on thread page Beta

Decent car at decent price? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start lessons soon but I wanna know how much roughly could I get a decent car for (NOT A LITTLE BOX :p: )

tbh i don't know why i'm asking now because i don't even have a job let alone money for a car lol

i'm turning 18 soon but i know my parents most defo aren't going to get me a car grr ..

Yeah so, cheap cars anyone?? In London ?

ReputationRep:
    Umm... how cheap? You can get something road legal for about £100 if you want, but the insurance is another matter altogether.

ReputationRep:
    Yea lol... it's not the car it's your insurance.
    Example: I paid 1.9k for a Golf VW, insurance wanted me to pay 5k.

ReputationRep:
    Budget!

Lessons and tests will all add up to quite a bit, have you factored that in if you are paying by yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Umm... how cheap? You can get something road legal for about £100 if you want, but the insurance is another matter altogether.

lol road legal.. about a couple hundred £300-400 if i save up the money that i DO get...

agh.. i didn't even think about insurance.. maybe the car will have to wait till i have money for it

ReputationRep:
    Get a Nissan Micra , they are very cheap and reliable .

ReputationRep:
    A Peugeot 206, can be found in the auto trader for about £600-£800 with insurance for about the same, if not a little more... less than a grand on the insurance for sure...
    Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    Thanks peoples, you've all helped

Right about now funds are low (surprise surprise :p:) but I start saving up and/or start dropping hints to the folks about me wanting a car ...

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.