Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I'm going to start lessons soon but I wanna know how much roughly could I get a decent car for (NOT A LITTLE BOX :p: )

tbh i don't know why i'm asking now because i don't even have a job let alone money for a car lol

i'm turning 18 soon but i know my parents most defo aren't going to get me a car grr ..

Yeah so, cheap cars anyone?? In London ?

ReputationRep:
    Umm... how cheap? You can get something road legal for about £100 if you want, but the insurance is another matter altogether.

ReputationRep:
    Yea lol... it's not the car it's your insurance.
    Example: I paid 1.9k for a Golf VW, insurance wanted me to pay 5k.

ReputationRep:
    Budget!

Lessons and tests will all add up to quite a bit, have you factored that in if you are paying by yourself?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Potally_Tissed)
    Umm... how cheap? You can get something road legal for about £100 if you want, but the insurance is another matter altogether.

lol road legal.. about a couple hundred £300-400 if i save up the money that i DO get...

agh.. i didn't even think about insurance.. maybe the car will have to wait till i have money for it

ReputationRep:
    Get a Nissan Micra , they are very cheap and reliable .

ReputationRep:
    A Peugeot 206, can be found in the auto trader for about £600-£800 with insurance for about the same, if not a little more... less than a grand on the insurance for sure...
    Hope I helped

ReputationRep:
    Thanks peoples, you've all helped

Right about now funds are low (surprise surprise :p:) but I start saving up and/or start dropping hints to the folks about me wanting a car ...

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.