Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just how competitive is it to get into London Business School? An acceptance rate or applicantlace ratio would be very useful! Oh and what calibre of students do they usually accept, the oxbridge, harvard, yale types?

Also, anybody know why their MBA course costs £50k? :zomg:

To justify this cost LBS have stated:
    "When researching the cost of the MBA Programme you should take into account the potential earning opportunities that students have while on the Programme"

Are they implying that after graduating with an MBA they can expect salaries of 100k+? Is it a given? what's the average salary for an MBA graduate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Playboy King)
    Just how competitive is it to get into London Business School? An acceptance rate or applicantlace ratio would be very useful! Oh and what calibre of students do they usually accept, the oxbridge, harvard, yale types?

Also, anybody know why their MBA course costs £50k? :zomg:

To justify this cost LBS have stated:
    "When researching the cost of the MBA Programme you should take into account the potential earning opportunities that students have while on the Programme"

Are they implying that after graduating with an MBA they can expect salaries of 100k+? Is it a given? what's the average salary for an MBA graduate?
    Extremely competitive, It is quite frequently ranked in the top 5 if not 3 MBA schools in the world. As far as I know they take the best as with most other top academic institutions they can afford to.

It costs 50k because its an investment and I cant quote the source (I think it was off FT's website) but I have a funny feeling the average salary was 156,000 not sure if it was dollars or pounds though. Good amount either way.

Sorry I wasn't too much help. .

ReputationRep:
    http://rankings.ft.com/businessschoo...l-mba-rankings

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure Manchester Business School is ranked higher than LBS.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheMeister)
    I'm sure Manchester Business School is ranked higher than LBS.
    :zomg:

I hope you meant Manchester Business School is ranked higher than London School of Economics lol

But LSE is not a business school

ReputationRep:
    Nothing is ranked higher than LBS...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jinru)
    :zomg:

I hope you meant Manchester Business School is ranked higher than London School of Economics lol

But LSE is not a business school
    :erm:

... yes, that's what I meant.

:hide:

Spoiler:
    Show
    Seriously though, I think I got confused

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 26, 2010

University open days

1. Loughborough University
    General Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  2. University of Cambridge
    Churchill College Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
  3. Richmond, The American International University in London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.