Turn on thread page Beta

Prague for 16/17 year olds watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, i'm going to Prague on a History trip in 2 weeks for 4 days. We are all 16 or 17 and will have the evenings to do whatever we want and so we are planning to do some drinking (obviously )
    Just wondering how easy it is for a 16 year old to get alcohol (any kind) and how much it would cost?
    Also, if anyone know somewhere we could get drink that would be much appreciated?
    Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Very easy and very cheap! The price is because the tax on beer there is ridiculously low.
    You can get drink anywhere, beer is a big thing over there.
    I can't remember how to get anywhere, probably due to alcohol haha, but you will definitely find somewhere!
    Have fun

ReputationRep:
    Going Prague or Amsterdam with a few mates in a few months time , Personally I want to go to Amsterdam but the drink is cheap in Prague and the ladies are good out there to so you'll be on a winner if your looking for that type of stuff.

ReputationRep:
    We went on a school trip to the Czech Republic last year, all aged 16 and in the town where we were staying, my friend (who looks very young) managed to buy 3 bottles of vodka in her pyjamas, so hope that gives you an idea!

ReputationRep:
    Little children and drinking ? omg...that`s really stupid idea...I feel sorry of you all.

There are so many and beautiful things to see in Prague,and things to do, that when u`ll get drunk, you`ll miss it all.

Prague is much better and more beautiful than London!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janka3112)
    Little children and drinking ? omg...that`s really stupid idea...I feel sorry of you all.

There are so many and beautiful things to see in Prague,and things to do, that when u`ll get drunk, you`ll miss it all.

This. Maybe I've just got the wrong impression from your post OP, but it's a shame that you're going to such a beautiful and culturally rich country, and are only interested in (underage) drinking.

ReputationRep:
    yeh, you've got the wrong idea. We will be sightseeing all day every day and a couple of nights but might go and drink a couple of nights too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Janka3112)

Interesting you say that. being a dual Czech-British citizen, I've seen both sides of the coin. Prague is beautiful, agreed, but much better and more beautiful than London??? Perhaps somewhat of an overstatement. I'd sure know where I'd prefer to live - London > Petržalka

Many of my Slovak friends have moved to London precisely because it's more vibrant, more liberal and more beautiful. And yet, they've all lived in b'lava and praha.

Never ceases to amaze me how often folks talk down their own capitals, shame really. Every city is unique and beautiful

ReputationRep:
    It is possible to go sightseeing in the day and drinking at night :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by STAteen)
    yeh, you've got the wrong idea. We will be sightseeing all day every day and a couple of nights but might go and drink a couple of nights too
    Fair enough, I'm just jealous tbh :yy:
    Have a great time!

ReputationRep:
    dudes, i went to prague in the summer and drunk nearly every night. i saw a hell of a lot of sights too, sight seeing is for day times, drinking is for night times. (make sure you do go see the castle by night though, it looks like the castle from Walt Disney)

& it is very very cheap to buy alcohol in prague.

have a great time, you'll love it! i cant waitt to go back

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samz)
    dudes, i went to prague in the summer and drunk nearly every night. i saw a hell of a lot of sights too, sight seeing is for day times, drinking is for night times. (make sure you do go see the castle by night though, it looks like the castle from Walt Disney)

& it is very very cheap to buy alcohol in prague.

have a great time, you'll love it! i cant waitt to go back
    However drinking is not for small children !:yep:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by crazyb)
    Interesting you say that. being a dual Czech-British citizen, I've seen both sides of the coin. Prague is beautiful, agreed, but much better and more beautiful than London??? Perhaps somewhat of an overstatement. I'd sure know where I'd prefer to live - London > Petržalka

Many of my Slovak friends have moved to London precisely because it's more vibrant, more liberal and more beautiful. And yet, they've all lived in b'lava and praha.

Never ceases to amaze me how often folks talk down their own capitals, shame really. Every city is unique and beautiful
    I have been few times in both cities. However in Prague, there is much better atmosphere for me personaly.
    To be honest with you i don`t know Bratislava at all...so can`t make any comment on that. I love Prague and I am happy to return there for a visit any time. One of the reasons why Lonfon is on second place is that no offence,but british culture doesn`t interest me so much. I love it in more european way.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. can't wait.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.