Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

what is the one thing you would change about society? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    if you had the chance?

ReputationRep:
    A few things I would change- Drink, drugs, racism, nationalism, classisism, sexism, religious hatred, war, rape, capitalism, the ruling class

ReputationRep:
    I'd ban religion and force it underground. If they still want to practice it after that then by all means feel free.

ReputationRep:
    I think the general lack of self-belief that people have. There's so many people out there with so much potential and yet they're in lives or jobs that they don't want to be in. They use drink and drugs as a crutch.

ReputationRep:
    Religious hatred.
    All religions still seem to be aiming for the same thing, pleasing their God and abiding by the rules they believe their God has decreed.

ReputationRep:
    Religion - not ban it - but definately dull down it's influence over people.

ReputationRep:
    It would be cool to remove everyone's preconceptions about everything.

ReputationRep:
    All forms of racist abuse.

ReputationRep:
    All the bits that Humans are part of.

ReputationRep:
    Religion or the violence. I think i would go for violence but i still think religion is kind of unnecissary.

ReputationRep:
    I'd make people more independent. Too many people make their decisions based on other people, in my opinion, without working out what's best for them.

ReputationRep:
    Have Philosophy taught in the GCSE curriculum, to encourage rational thought.

ReputationRep:
    Ban alcohol.

ReputationRep:
    i would make education free.

ReputationRep:
    I'd make people less judgmental of each other..Not constantly oohing & awing about who said/did what.

ReputationRep:
    Have no discrimination against everything: sexuality, race, appearance, etc. unless it was totally necessary e.g. age limit for drinking and smoking.

ReputationRep:
    White guilt

ReputationRep:
    Inequality. Once society was more equal, a lot of other social problems would be reduced as a result.

ReputationRep:
    no discrimination against sexuality, race.
    no religious views being pushed upon others- A secular society.

less serious but I would also want to widen the standards of beauty in the media.
    There shouldn't be just one bodytype or look that is deemed the best and everything else is ugly(which is how it feels on various levels- I never realy experienced it on a weight/body level but I have on a skin colour/hair level)

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.