Turn on thread page Beta

I can't trust my boyfriend of 5 years watch

Please read, and offer your advice because I'm feeling pretty down about all of this.

Basically a while ago my boyfriend broke up with me. He had made a new group of friends and was seeing them a lot. At the same time we were going through a rough patch. He said to me at the time that these new friendships highlighted to him how much our relationship lacked. Now we are back together, he says that he was too quick to just forget about our relationship and wants to work at making things better (it's a LDR-ish).

At the same time as this, my best friend had issues at home and just disappeared, not wanting to talk to anyone. Our friendship suffered massively, so much that I now think that I have 'lost' my best friend for good. We still do not talk much.

The problem is that now I'm having massive issues, feeling insecure and upset at anything. I constantly just expect people to abandon me. If he says he is going out with his new friends, I will secretly feel cut up and sick to the stomach that he is spending time with the people he effectively chose over me. I feel like I'm stuck in a viscous circle of negative thoughts. I look to him to make my insecurity better, but that isn't fair, I'm constantly negative. Ever since, I'm a different person - cut up and jealous when I hear of him making new friends (especially females ones :rolleyes: ). I just don't know what do to. I don't know how to get out this. I don't want this anymore. I want to trust him again.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

I have exactly the same thing..............the feeling is HORRIBLE. It's not even like me, i just dont know why i feel like this?! I get so upset and insecure and its just all the time and at extremely trivial things . its been 2 years but i cant see anything getting better

ReputationRep:
    No-one's assed.

ReputationRep:
    Honestly, I'd be tempted to dump him. Everything seems like it's gone really stale. Do you really want another few years of feeling like ****?

Get back in touch with your friends, make new ones and meet someone who can restore your faith in guys :yep:

TSR, you're not very good tonight. So far no one has offered advice to the problems I am having.

(Original post by Sakura-Chan)
    Honestly, I'd be tempted to dump him. Everything seems like it's gone really stale. Do you really want another few years of feeling like ****?

Get back in touch with your friends, make new ones and meet someone who can restore your faith in guys :yep:
    I've said that I want to stay with him. I just want to stop these feelings.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Please read, and offer your advice because I'm feeling pretty down about all of this.

Basically a while ago my boyfriend broke up with me. He had made a new group of friends and was seeing them a lot. At the same time we were going through a rough patch. He said to me at the time that these new friendships highlighted to him how much our relationship lacked. Now we are back together, he says that he was too quick to just forget about our relationship and wants to work at making things better (it's a LDR-ish).

At the same time as this, my best friend had issues at home and just disappeared, not wanting to talk to anyone. Our friendship suffered massively, so much that I now think that I have 'lost' my best friend for good. We still do not talk much.

The problem is that now I'm having massive issues, feeling insecure and upset at anything. I constantly just expect people to abandon me. If he says he is going out with his new friends, I will secretly feel cut up and sick to the stomach that he is spending time with the people he effectively chose over me. I feel like I'm stuck in a viscous circle of negative thoughts. I look to him to make my insecurity better, but that isn't fair, I'm constantly negative. Ever since, I'm a different person - cut up and jealous when I hear of him making new friends (especially females ones :rolleyes: ). I just don't know what do to. I don't know how to get out this. I don't want this anymore. I want to trust him again.

Any help would be massively appreciated.
    All I can offer you is this :console:

ReputationRep:
    yeah make some friends lol or hang out more with the ones you already have. i had a similar feeling...not as intense but all those feelings when he was always hanging out with his other friends and that, and in an LDR as well. i told him how i felt n we're together a bit more now, but what reeeeeally helped was hanging out with my own friends. i found i wasnt as cut up when he went out with people, and i felt beter in my own head if you get me, when i had a better social life. hope this helps cos how u feel sounds horrible

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.