Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Albufeira(PORTUGAL),Faliraki (GREECE)or other? Age 18 girls want beach and clubs! watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

ReputationRep:
    Wherever you go, please, for the love of God, be a respectable tourist and not a screeching drunken mess.

ReputationRep:
    I actually live in Albufeira so I guess I can give you an idea of it!

Basically, it's not the clubbing capital of Europe (far from it) but it's got plenty to offer! There's old town which is a bit more chilled but still quite lively with a few streets full of bars.

Then there's the strip (around a place called Oura, or sometimes called new town!) which is really busy throughout the summer. The actual strip itself is really busy and is a mix of smaller bars and some larger ones!

Bar's don't shut till 4AM in the summer then after that there's a few nightclubs to choose from! Also, if Kadoc's open that's worth a visit! It used to boast the largest foam party in Europe (and still does I think) and its a free 10 minute bus ride there and back away!

If you're looking for beaches too, it's worth coming They're pretty good for nursing a hangover!

I wouldn't say its dangerous at all! Everyones making money off tourists so everyones pretty friendly!

Hope I helped!

ReputationRep:
    ahih

ReputationRep:
    Well, it's hardly luxury but in Malia it's free to get into all the clubs and you can easily get quite merry with 5 euros a night I remember on our first night we went to a bar and they gave us a fish bowl to share, two tall sex on the beaches (each) and 3 shots of sambuca (each) and that was for 15 euros (5 euros between 3 people ) The beaches are nice aswell (not amazing but nice) there are nicer ones in stallis (the near by town). The locals are very friendly aswell.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kinkei)
    Hey! You're the exact kind of person I need to talk to :P Basically, I'd be more inclined to go here because my brother is, yet my friends want to go to Faliraki...

Their argument is that it's a little pricey to get drinks, and to get into clubs, and that there are only a few clubs

Whereas, in Faliraki, there are around 6 different clubs, and there are always offers like, buy a drink and get 6 shots for free

What do you reckon
    It's not THAT expensive ... I don't know how much you pay for drinks back at home, but you'll be looking at like 3-5 euros for a spirit with a mixer (remember though, they give BIG measures of vodka etc, its like a double in the UK). Also, most places give you free shots to get you inside and usually (aswell your girls) if your nice to the barman, you'll definitely get a few free throughout the night haha.

There aren't THAT many clubs, it's alot more social than that. Most places are a mix of bars/clubs i.e. you can chill outside or go inside and it's like a club? It's overall just a pretty fun place ...

Thing is too, there's usually special guest DJ's on in Kadoc (David Guetta, Roger Sanchez and others were there last summer) so if you NEED to go clubbing you can! It seems though that people just usually get hammered in the bars and then either are too tired to get anywhere else or just end up in somewhere like Kiss (nightclub, 15 euros with 2 drinks included) or Capitulo (quite pricey).

I've never been to Faliraki so I can't compare, but i'm 18, been going out here for the past couple of years and it's been non-stop madness every summer ...

If you have anymore questions i'll be happy to answer them! x

ReputationRep:
    I'm going on holiday with a load of my friends (male and female) and the girls refused to go to Faliraki because of some rape stories in the paper, though you get that everywhere.

We're going to Gran Canaria now though.

ReputationRep:
    If you dont want a place that's notorious for clubbing then I wouldn't go to Faliraki. It is (was anyway) pretty nuts out there and used to carry a pretty bad rep as mentioned above ^^.

ReputationRep:
    Me and my friends (A group of 20 of us) are going to Albufeira for a week in July! We wanted the exact same thing as you and your friends, by the sound of it. We're managing to get there and back and stay for a week in apartments for £280, which is rather good as well.
    If you want any links to where we're staying and stuff just ask.

ReputationRep:
    sefs

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    Me and my friends (A group of 20 of us) are going to Albufeira for a week in July! We wanted the exact same thing as you and your friends, by the sound of it. We're managing to get there and back and stay for a week in apartments for £280, which is rather good as well.
    Your offer was great! I feel my friends and I (12 of us) have been robbed for a weeks self catering in Faliraki for £380! Who did you book with?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DAgar7)
    Your offer was great! I feel my friends and I (12 of us) have been robbed for a weeks self catering in Faliraki for £380! Who did you book with?
    You have been robbed! were getting two weeks in Zante for £370 :erm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DAgar7)
    We booked the flights and apartments seperately - the flights direct through easyjet.com and the apartments through hotelopia.co.uk, which is like a partner site of easyjet, so essentially we booked through easyjet.

ReputationRep:
    Oh i feel just grand now It looks a pretty rough place we're going to aswell, damn my friends for booking on behalf of us all. Its good to know for future reference though! I hope you both have really good holidays

ReputationRep:
    I've been to Albufeira twice (with family) and I'd say it's more family orientated. I went Zante last year with my friends and it was amazing!! Just amazing!! And it was pretty cheap. I'd definately go with Greece! I'm gutted my friends want to go to Bulgaria this year.

Oh and, the sea is much warmer in Greece, like a bath

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cicerao)
    Wherever you go, please, for the love of God, be a respectable tourist and not a screeching drunken mess.
    you are my hero

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deutsch_Beth)
    wow, you're certainly paying too much. I'm going for 9 days in july for just over half of that price!

ReputationRep:
    Albufeira's cool...what about Tenerife? Or Mykonos, Greece? Although I dont know if Mykonos will be that cheap or not =s

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: February 14, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.