Do you need a dictionary?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sithius)
    Yes, sport.

Do you need a dictionary?
    ´s not though is it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Well please fill me in on this cardio-less cutting, I am very keen to know what it entails. From both experience and studying I can say that I believe cutting without some form of cardiovascular exercise is nigh impossible. Besides, incorporating cardio is a great way to improve cardiovascular capacity which, for most lifters, is ****.
    I always thought as long as you had maintainance level and continued lifting, you'd be able to cut...oh well.

Also, i was wondering, You've got a great bench, but what's your OH press in comparison with that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cowsforsale)
    I always thought as long as you had maintainance level and continued lifting, you'd be able to cut...oh well.

Also, i was wondering, You've got a great bench, but what's your OH press in comparison with that?
    Problem with maintenance, is that its maintenance, you have to pretty cut s it is, which I am not :lol:

My standing overhead press is 150/160 for 1, thats an assumption as I rarely ever do the exercise, my seated overhead press is 180kg and my dumbell seated is 130lbs each arm for 12, could be about 170lbs for 6 but once again thats an assumption.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by john87)
    bodybuilders don't cut 2 stone in the week before, they cut about 1 - 2lbs of fat a week several months before the competition (depending on how much fat they had in the first place), then they dehydrate themselves with 24 hours of the competition, boxers just dehydrate themselves for the weigh ins which are 24 hours before the fight. (some of them burn off fat/muscle before the weigh ins so they don't have to cut too much water weight), cutting for bodybuilding and boxing are different things.
    Of course they are vut the principle is the same when it comes to reducing water weight very quickly. My original point was that these guys need to eat alot in order to gain muscle mass. I am by no means claiming to be any authority on the subject as I am neither a boxer or a bodybuilder. In fact, I can't imagine which one I'd be worse at!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bishamon)
    Which psychopath tries to cut 2 stone in a week?! The cutting phase last at least three months.
    The sort on steroids! And sorry, I meant 1 stone in 2 weeks - easily acievable, especially considering the size of these guys and the water weight,

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Brotherhood)
    ´s not though is it?
    Many people do consider it a sport. By definition, competitive bodybuilding falls under the definition of sport.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Freddy Jnr)
    The sort on steroids! And sorry, I meant 1 stone in 2 weeks - easily acievable, especially considering the size of these guys and the water weight,
    1 stone in a week is idiotic, I cut myself and I would never drop such amounts even if it was merely water.

ReputationRep:
    Many people do consider it a sport. By definition, competitive bodybuilding falls under the definition of sport.
    Not in my dictionary mate. Are beauty pageants also sports then? 'Cos that's all the actual competition itself is, no matter what came before it.

ReputationRep:
    Not in my dictionary mate. Are beauty pageants also sports then? 'Cos that's all the actual competition itself is, no matter what came before it.
    As a bodybuilder, I wouldn't classify it a sport, it requires incredible physical exertion as I think cardio and the final stages of the precontest phase are some of the most taxing experiences one can have but in the end, the contest itself does not involve any physical labour hence it is merely a physique competition.

ReputationRep:
    Beauty pageant contestants don't train the way bodybuilders do. There's a hell of lot more dedication required from a bodybuilder. You don't see physical exertion from contestants in beauty pageants.

How the **** can you not call it a sport? Lol at 'not in my dictionary'. Please look it up in a real dictionary.

ReputationRep:
    This is Dave Gulledge, a powerlifter who squatted 930 pounds, at 320 pounds:

This would be a perfect example of your huge, fat guy who is hella strong.

Now, this is Dave at 275 pounds:

It's all in the diet.

ReputationRep:
    people call a lot of things sports such as golf and darts, that said, bodybuilding is definitely more of a sport than those two "competitive activities"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Azer)
    This is Dave Gulledge, a powerlifter who squatted 930 pounds, at 320 pounds:

This would be a perfect example of your huge, fat guy who is hella strong.

Now, this is Dave at 275 pounds:

It's all in the diet.
    what a beast

ReputationRep:
    ´s not though is it?
    Yeah it is, why do you think it isn't?

EDIT- sorry just saw your other replies.
    Still, why wouldn't you say it's a sport?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jeester)
    Well you havn't given me anything on the contary and i've seen it in practise... so I think I'm going to believe the A level syllabus.
    Well its not true I am afraid

lol...

If people want to look more defined then they just have to reduce their body fat levels...I dont see what all the fuss about it is? burn more than thou canst consume and yee shall of thinner body...not difficult is it really? same goes for gaining...just do the opposite and lift heavy weights? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joseph1991)
    Well its not true I am afraid

lol...

If people want to look more defined then they just have to reduce their body fat levels...I dont see what all the fuss about it is? burn more than thou canst consume and yee shall of thinner body...not difficult is it really? same goes for gaining...just do the opposite and lift heavy weights? x
    Did you read the rest of my posts about burning fat through cardio through high rep low wieght exercises?

ReputationRep:
    Beauty pageant contestants don't train the way bodybuilders do. There's a hell of lot more dedication required from a bodybuilder. You don't see physical exertion from contestants in beauty pageants.

How the **** can you not call it a sport? Lol at 'not in my dictionary'. Please look it up in a real dictionary.
    Mate, you've got a bodybuilder right above you who's a hell of a lot bigger and more experienced saying it isn't a sport. Beauty pageant contestants might train hella hard for all you know to get their bodies. How do you know how much dedication is involved?

No physical exertion? There's a talent round which invariably involves some sort of activity, ergo more physical exertion than flexing your muscles for three minutes, however hard some might consider that.

And I did look it up. In my dictionary. I thought I made that clear? :confused:

ReputationRep:

If Bodybuilding was a sport, why do they call them "shows"?

I've never been to a football show, or a basketball show, or a rugby show, or a powerlifting show, or a weightlifting show, or a...

ReputationRep:
    Mate, you've got a bodybuilder right above you who's a hell of a lot bigger and more experienced saying it isn't a sport. Beauty pageant contestants might train hella hard for all you know to get their bodies. How do you know how much dedication is involved?

No physical exertion? There's a talent round which invariably involves some sort of activity, ergo more physical exertion than flexing your muscles for three minutes, however hard some might consider that.

And I did look it up. In my dictionary. I thought I made that clear? :confused:
    There are some bodybuilders out there who think it is a sport smart arse.

How is a beauty pageant contestant walking out on stage and looking pretty going through the same amount of physical exertion as someone who constantly deadlifts, say, 350lbs?

Your dictionary is laughable. I hope you are used as an example next to the word idiot.

(Original post by SMed)
    If Bodybuilding was a sport, why do they call them "shows"?

I've never been to a football show, or a basketball show, or a rugby show, or a powerlifting show, or a weightlifting show, or a...
    :facepalm:

The sport is also in the lifting/dieting and preparation... the show is part of it.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.