Turn on thread page Beta

Really nervous about first date watch

I'm in two minds about it. Part of me is excited and can't wait and the other part is nervous incase I don't like him. I know everyone probably goes through this but we text each other so often, I purposely come online to talk to him and we've only been speaking about 2 weeks :o:

What sort of clothing should I wear? And also what will he be expecting from me? He's a really nice guy from what I've seen so far- I've seen several online pics and I've got him added on fb, msn and have his number. I'm a bit apprehensive as we did start speaking online to start with but after a while there's only so much you can ask before you want to meet them to see what they're really like.

We've decided to take a walk around my town- he used to go there often and might do a bit of window shopping whilst I'm at it.

I've never been on a date before :woo: and it's about time I did haha.

Anyone got any advice as to what I can expect? I have such a big urge to kiss him :o: but would that be a bit too forward on a first date- obviously not at the very start of it.

Thanks for any help.

ReputationRep:
    Relax.

If his name is Mark. Run.

ReputationRep:
    Dress up a Papa Smurf. The perect ice breaker.

OMG I'm in almost exactly the same situation as you (apart from I've met him before a few times, be we never really spoke and it's only recently we've been talking a lot online). I also have the same worries as you . All I can say is don't kiss him RIGHT at the start :p:. Not that I have any dating experience to know this :/

ReputationRep:
    Well, I know this seems kind of obviouse, but make sure things arnt awkward from the start, OR THEY WILL STAY THAT WAY! (From embarasing expirience)
    Maby hug at the start of date, and hold hands lots before kissing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I'm in two minds about it. Part of me is excited and can't wait and the other part is nervous incase I don't like him. I know everyone probably goes through this but we text each other so often, I purposely come online to talk to him and we've only been speaking about 2 weeks :o:

What sort of clothing should I wear? And also what will he be expecting from me? He's a really nice guy from what I've seen so far- I've seen several online pics and I've got him added on fb, msn and have his number. I'm a bit apprehensive as we did start speaking online to start with but after a while there's only so much you can ask before you want to meet them to see what they're really like.

We've decided to take a walk around my town- he used to go there often and might do a bit of window shopping whilst I'm at it.

I've never been on a date before :woo: and it's about time I did haha.

Anyone got any advice as to what I can expect? I have such a big urge to kiss him :o: but would that be a bit too forward on a first date- obviously not at the very start of it.

Thanks for any help.
    Oh I hate first dates :woo:

Anyway, I don't really think that someone actually knows what you can expect. Hm, but what about kissing... imo it's nothing wrong :dontknow:
    Oh, and where are you going? I can't advise you what to wear if I don't know it

ReputationRep:
    Don't assume that just because you talk lots that you will have exactly the same kinda relationship in real life!

But, as others have said, just relax, and go with the flow. If you've talked to him so easily before, then your date will hopefully feel natural! Good luck!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 26, 2010
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.