The Student Room Group

Want friendship, love, warmth etc.

Ok so prehaps desperately isn't the best word.... especially given the saying "good things come to those who wait."

As the Pet Shop Boys recently said "You need love" Can't beat 80's inspired pop synth....

But over the last few months, I've been quite depressed. Prehaps noticing more and more people in relationships and more and more of my friends spending less time with me and more time with their respective partners. Meaning more time alone for me.

Now when I'm alone, I think.... contemplative of the small things in life... rather than those that actually matter... Also a fault of mine.

I'll contemplate unanswerable things for hours, instead of for example... doing something more useful like essays and other university work.

Now I know this isn't a dating site at all... But I'm just asking for mere friendship at first and see if I could build the ineffible feeling of love inside of one of you.

Now previously I've been stubborn and unwilling to change, but given the fact I need the warmth of companionship of another, I'm willing to make compromises to make it work.

One problem I can't get around is even though I'm not the most aesthetically pleasing chap in the world, I'm still really quite vain and understand I have no right to be... However my sense of beauty isn't what you'd think it is... I have unusual tastes.... Read: Redheads, Glasses and things which aren't normally presumed as attractive. I prefer Brunettes over Blondes... no offence or intelligence jokes intended.

The other problem is, this person I'm looking for has to be quite open... because being a guy... I'm addicted to sex... every 3 or so seconds? So prehaps an absolute slut willing to settle down is perfect... of course I merely joke.

Another potential problem is that I have an obession with Top Gear, Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons, Futurama and of Course cars.... which generally girls don't find particularly "their thing" plus I hate shopping..... hate is strong word but contextually accurate here.... But if you were truly the one I see... I'd spend boring hour after hour, in clothes shops carrying your bags around.... prehaps it would make me feel better... being yours?

There are some positives about me... I'm very much faithful toward one person.... Loyal..... Sensitive and Loving.... Previous partners have often said they've never experienced love in such quantities or in such a way. But alas these didn't last.

So there we go, the first long term and serious relationship is one step closer to a reality.... Or not depending upon the Moderators view.

A PM would be much appreciated, if you wish to part take.... Appologise for any grammar mistakes, for I haven't proof read.

Pardon the clinicalness, My day sucked the soul out of me...I'm usually quite the creative "artist" :wink:

Thanks.

Scroll to see replies

:unsure:
Reply 2
Maybe TSR should have a dating site section.
Starless Eyes
:unsure:

I'm unsure of how to analyse, what your use of a singular smiley actually means.
:eyeball: Redheads are lovely btw. I'm brunette though...
Harlequin Jester
:eyeball: Redheads are lovely btw. I'm brunette though...

Redheads was just an example.... Glad someone agrees, however.
Reply 6
haha, I've been there my friend :biggrin:
Tallon
haha, I've been there my friend :biggrin:

And.... Any luck, kind sir?
Reply 8
You should spruce up your appeal to sound less like a business venture. Maybe you should try a dating site. what you got to lose. www.pof.com is a good free one.
gilbo
You should spruce up your appeal to sound less like a business venture. Maybe you should try a dating site. what you got to lose. www.pof.com is a good free one.

I'd prefer to do it my own way... This is me. I don't want to give people the perception of what I'm not... I want to be loved for who I am... rather than hate myself for pretending I am, who I'm not.
Reply 10
SomeonecalledJohnny
And.... Any luck, kind sir?

I was just sort of making a joke out of the fact that pretty much all men (myself included) probably seek a soul mate and somebody to just spend time with.

I don't think this is the place to find somebody like that though. I could of course be wrong. I think you're overthinking it. Maybe you'll just meet somebody soon and get to know them and one thing will lead to another and you'll go on a date with them or something. Everybody gets lonely though.

Unfortuently, it'll probably take a lot of failed attempts and maybe even a broken heart or two before you find somebody to love though.
Tallon
I was just sort of making a joke out of the fact that pretty much all men (myself included) probably seek a soul mate and somebody to just spend time with.

I don't think this is the place to find somebody like that though. I could of course be wrong. I think you're overthinking it. Maybe you'll just meet somebody soon and get to know them and one thing will lead to another and you'll go on a date with them or something. Everybody gets lonely though.

Precisely why I'm here...

The internet doesn't have that heartbreaking awkwardness or the greater soul crushing sense of rejection you get from the "real world"
You could message random girls on TSR?
Or join OkCupid?
And PS, nothing wrong with Top Gear, Simpsons Futurama and Family Guy.... plenty of girls like these shows...I think
d123
Maybe TSR should have a dating site section.

Perhaps but then there are many on here that would simply move their 'really want a one night stand' threads on to this. I think a section where groups at universities/in the same area chat and arrange to meet would be good though, but I think there are some similar things that are casually arranged on this site.
Reply 14
SomeonecalledJohnny
I'd prefer to do it my own way... This is me. I don't want to give people the perception of what I'm not... I want to be loved for who I am... rather than hate myself for pretending I am, who I'm not.

I tried to be constructive but... you sound like a complete tit.
SomeonecalledJohnny

Surely what youre doing is extremely close - posting a profile of yourself on a website? at least dating websites are specifically geared towards the same objective as yourself?
OpalFruitJam
You could message random girls on TSR?
Or join OkCupid?
And PS, nothing wrong with Top Gear, Simpsons Futurama and Family Guy.... plenty of girls like these shows...I think

Yes they do, South Park however is far more of a fickle subject for girls I know.
Reply 17
I see a rapist looking for fresh unsuspecting meat...
gilbo
I tried to be constructive but... you sound like a complete tit.

Your criticism wasn't constructive... Please stop being confrontational toward others, because people didn't utilise your ideas.
Reply 19
Jennie1987
Yes they do, South Park however is far more of a fickle subject for girls I know.

Which is a shame, as it is pure, unadulterated genius.

Latest

Trending

Trending