Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi sorry if this is a really stupid question but does anyone know which medical schools are more focused on PBL and which are more lecture based. Or if someone could point out to me how to find out that'd be great

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ning_.28PBL.29
    "Subsequently it has been taken up by a number of medical schools in the UK, and is now also offered by Liverpool, Glasgow, Barts and The London, Peninsula, Sheffield, Keele, Hull-York, and East Anglia."

I think some use a combination of both lectures and PBL.

ReputationRep:
    Or if someone could point out to me how to find out that'd be great
    You could try the search function for this forum

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by digitalis)
    You could try the search function for this forum
    Haha i'll try that next time.
    Thanks going to california.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Going_To_California)
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/wiki...ning_.28PBL.29
    "Subsequently it has been taken up by a number of medical schools in the UK, and is now also offered by Liverpool, Glasgow, Barts and The London, Peninsula, Sheffield, Keele, Hull-York, and East Anglia."

I think some use a combination of both lectures and PBL.
    You forgot manchester! The mother of all PBL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotCoco.)
    Oops, I managed to copy and paste wrong :p: Here we go "It was since adopted for UK medical education, initially by Manchester University in 1994."

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Going_To_California)
    Oops, I managed to copy and paste wrong :p: Here we go "It was since adopted for UK medical education, initially by Manchester University in 1994."
    :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HotCoco.)
    (Original post by Going_to_California)
    Oops, I managed to copy and paste wrong Here we go "It was since adopted for UK medical education, initially by Manchester University in 1994."
    You forgot McMaster's in Canada that has been running this gig since 1969.

ReputationRep:
    Imperial has both.
    I hate PBL.

ReputationRep:
    Sheffield isn't full blown PBL though. It is mixed (integrated) but the PBL is pretty minimal. I say we have wayyyyy more lectures than PBL stuff.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by magichearts)
    Sheffield isn't full blown PBL though. It is mixed (integrated) but the PBL is pretty minimal. I say we have wayyyyy more lectures than PBL stuff.
    Definately, we have like a million lectures and an hour or so of PBLish stuff a week, hardly PBL based.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.