The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Im with you here. Biology modules in Jan were generally shocking.
Reply 2
Sneaky buggers.
Reply 3
i dont think AQA, Edexcel or OCR should be able to get away with those papers.
AQA is now in the news and AQA is not gonna get away with it, but edexcel and OCR will, so please guys join the groups and join the groups for the other exam boards too, we have to stand up to this 'education' we are getting!

[Can the links not be posted please]
Reply 4
Wesssty
Sneaky buggers.

Hahaha, every other board is complaining.. we might as well!
Reply 5
Everyone just invite all your facebook friends! Numbers is important!!
So much complaining!
Reply 8
The edexcel biology exam papaer on 25/1/10 was completely surprising.:confused:
Some of the questions were not even in the syllabus:frown: , can they do that?
Did anyone else notice that? Now what can we do?
Reply 9
surely not all the biology papers can have been flawed??
Reply 10
well, for some reason, they all have been. There must have been some sort of a problem with the exam boards.
lmao

well if true noone would have known them anyway and the grade boundaries would just be lower (higher UMS for a lower mark.. whatever wording)? makes no difference
Biology exams tend to make you feel that way.
Reply 13
I can't afford this happening to me right now, I doubt their even going to do anything anyway. arghhhhh!!!
It's totally unfair that the "trusted" and established exam boards can't write science papers. Apart from the 10% that was simple biology, a maths or english student would have been able to do just as well as a biology student.

It's ridiculous that this is one of the most important years of our lives, regarding what universities we want to go to and what grades we're going to get. If they put science in the textbooks and in the syllabus, they need to put that in the exam! I revised a lot and could've answered complicated questions on the immune system and photosynthesis and DNA, but instead they just give us loads of data response questions, questions that weren't in the syllabus, and rubbish science questions!

/rant :p:

Bastards.
Join the facebook group. That's a good way of getting noticed by bbc and exam boards nowadays :smile:
do you all have to edexcel textbook(pictured in the fb group)? or the snab textbook?

was cowpats mentioned in the edexcel textbook?
bumblebee111191
do you all have to edexcel textbook(pictured in the fb group)? or the snab textbook?

was cowpats mentioned in the edexcel textbook?

There is a large picture of cow faeces on page 91. However, it doesn't have anything relevant to it - it only says "The actions of decomposing bacteria which play such an important role in the carbon cycle break down organic material such as this cow dung..."

Unless they expect us to see a picture of some **** and then research it, there's no excuse. At no point in the syllabus does it say to know about ammonia, the nitrogen cycle or cow ****. The course is also non-synoptic, i.e. we don't need to know about previous units (I think the nitrogen cycle was in it last year?). If it was mentioned, I, and all the rest of us, would have revised it.

That rant isn't aimed at you, by the way, although it may seem so :p:

:beer:
Reply 18
Reply 19
Perhaps AQA wrote the Edexcel paper and vice versa...

Latest

Trending

Trending