Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Customer at work has ruined my day... and my employee track record. Really upset :( watch

ReputationRep:
    ahh the world of retail, some customers are damn right rude! did you talk to the customer at all? its horrible of her to report you, when you can hear of all things!

(Original post by sadiechantel)
    ahh the world of retail, some customers are damn right rude! did you talk to the customer at all? its horrible of her to report you, when you can hear of all things!
    I said 'hi' to her, I wasn't chatty because both of them basically ignored me, plus I was busy trying to overrride a price on the till so they could get their precious jacket reduced to 7.99. And then she had the cheek to storm across the shop and complain bout me to my supervisors. I wanted to KILL her.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry about it, it's a statistical inevitability that you'll have to deal with ****hole customers, don't blame yourself.

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I really doubt there will be any implications whatsoever. As the other members have already stated, its the reality of retail and I have worked in retail for some time.

In cases like yours that seem quite unprovoked, the customer you served at the store is probably one of the few places they can go where they feel they can excercise any real power

ReputationRep:
    It's bound to happen at some point, it may have just been her having a moan because she was generally in a bad mood, had a bad day or whatever. I got my first complaint the other week and it really got to me, because i know i make an effort to be friendly etc most of the time. But you have to realise that in the end it's not going to change what happened by being upset by it, and if you're a good worker and are generally fine your supervisors will know this. Forget the old bag, she obviously had nothing better to do than complain!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 27, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.