Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by waliur)
    hello, just had my clutch changed today and my biting point is different from what im used to.

before i could lift the clutch pedal 3 to 4 inches upto the biting point, however now that ive had my clutch changed this has fallen to about 2 to 3.

is this normal?
    Yeah it's normal, my instructors car had 165k miles on it and the bite was basically at the top, mine with 21k miles the bite is just under half way. It just means you have a brand spanking new clutch!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    (Original post by campbosshassi)
    Back to the point, my car is laid up because I cant get it in gear, the bite point got lower and lower until zero. I have had over the past two years a new master and slave cylinder. Wil a new clutch restore the bite point to NORMAL or are there other pats I need to look at
    Hi, this thread is from 2010. Please keep an eye on post dates in future. Closing it now.

Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.